Prologue|『𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 8』𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐣𝐚𝐱 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐡𝐞𝐚

Chapter 8
The Legend of Ajax and Rhea

TW ⚠️

Once upon a time, many many years ago, there was an urban legend going around about humans

Once upon a time, many many years ago, there was an urban legend going around about humans. It was said that weird creatures lured out at night, and ate humans to survive. Creatures like ghosts, spirits, werewolves, and vampires. The humans thought of it as a big threat and they closed themselves into their homes every night. Though those creatures never really came out, so the legend died down after a while. It didn't go unnoticed tho, that on the nights of special occasions, sounds of terror would unleash themselves. The legend was now dead, in the era we lived. Truth be told, no one knew why those creatures were around.

One dark day though, the earth shook and humans died as a 'sacrifice' some might say to those creatures. No one knew if it was true though because after that day, no one has ever heard of the noises or the legends. It was as if it never happened. Those creatures though, were not evil. They all lived happily in their world until that day. And as always, a bad persona will appear wherever there is power. No one knows what happened though. Demons, angels, spirits, wolves, vampires. All of them were different species and all of them were living in harmony until that day. Where there is good though, there will also lurk evil. The evil ones were punished by the greater powers, named dragons. The other creatures had a chance in life when dead. They would go through hardships as humans in the human world until the high dragons see fit to unleash their fate and let them be reborn. Dragons, though, could not be killed. Their power runs deeper than the water and fire elements, the air, and the earth. They couldn't be killed or reborn. They existed to rule and make peace among the species.

But nowadays, no one has ever seen a creature like that. Humans existed, those creatures didn't. Right? That dreadful night though, was when all those creatures were ordered to never again appear to the humans by the high Dragon. The legend has it that when the high dragon finally finds his one and true mate, then they would be able to live in freedom again.

And the legend started with a love story of the first lovers in existence. It contained a blind fox spirit and a wolf king...

"Ajax! Where are you? Ajax?" A little girl in a beautiful white dress ran happily around the blossoming fields of her homeland. Phoenixes were flying upon the shiny sky. Her glimmering eyes wanted to search for them, search for love, for happiness, for freedom. She wandered around the open and imaginary fields, as she searched for her friend. Her blindness did not stop her from feeling. Her nine tails were as white as snow, and her long hair swang with the warm breeze of her movements. She stumbled through the tall shining grass. Her white hair matched the blindfold wrapped around her eyes. Her worries always seemed to disappear in such places.

"Ajax, please stop hiding." Her little soft lips lost the coloring smile they had on them. The little girl had a sign of worry in her icy eyes behind her blindfold, as she continued searching for her friend. Her little body turned white when she was worried, but she knew she should hide it, otherwise, the noises on her head would start calling in her flowery mind. She hated the ghosts that seek her every night. Daylight was her heaven, she was able to notice every little movement even if her sight was completely gone.