"A Bump in the Road"

A slow breath escaped the lips of a particular young blonde as he sat beside the edge of a riverbank. It was a pretty hot morning and heat waves were very visible on the grassy plains. It was quite fortunate that they found such a large river to take a break at. Tommy watches as Shroud waddles around in the shallow water and splashes at Friend. The blue sheep returned the playful behavior as followed around the kid. It brought a smile to the blonde's face. He was leaning against Appendix, who sat on the ground behind him. They had been traveling for a few days, so his stubborn hoofed buddy deserved a break. So Tommy decided today was just gonna be a small resource day since Shroud needed to get his energy out and Tommy wanted to collect some stuff for when he starts working on their new home. The blonde scanned the list he had been working on his notepad before standing up.

"Come on Shroud, we big men got some work to do" called Tommy, as he grabbed Appendix's rein.

The arachnoid kid looked over his shoulder and started walking back towards the shore. Friend followed after him. Once on the grass, the two aggressively shook the water off them which sprayed everywhere. Tommy laughed in surprise as he was slightly soaked too. Shroud hissed joyfully before clinging to Tommy's leg. The teen huffed before sweeping his son into his arms with his tail.

"Alright you little bug, we have some things to get today" explained Tommy, as he handed the notepad to Shroud to pick up his son's shoes.

As Shroud began to look at it, Tommy guided Appendix & Friend back up the hill to the wagon. It was parked under a single tall tree on the outskirts of a dark oak forest. The teen tied Appendix to the tree before giving him an apple.

"Now don't go running off you bastard or I'll be very upset" stated Tommy, as he patted the horse's face.

Appendix blew air in Tommy's face before turning away.

"Bitch" mumbled Tommy, as walked towards the wagon.

He placed Shroud on the ground and reached for two different bags. One was a satchel filled with tools and the other was a saddle bag with empty space for resources. He placed the satchel over his shoulder then moved to placing the saddle bag on to Friend. Once the bag was perfectly strapped on the sheep, Tommy stood up and closed the wagon.

"Alright, are you two ready to collect some shit?" declared Tommy, as he looked down at Shroud & Friend.

Shroud nodded while Friend made a baa in response. Tommy made a thumbs up and pulled out his communicator.

"Can I write the wagon's coordinates please?" asked Tommy.

Shroud made a light hiss and flipped to a blank page. He extended it out to Tommy so he could write on it. The blonde teenager looked from the device to the pad for a moment as he wrote the coordinates. Once finished, Tommy scooped Shroud up and placed them on his shoulders. The spiderling hissed confused at first but broke into a fit of giggles. Friend bumped the side of Tommy's leg to get attention too. Tommy patted the blue sheep before making his way into the forest.

"Alright Shroud, what's first on the list?" questioned Tommy, as he pulled his axe.

"Trees" stated Shroud, tugging on what sounded like a branch.

"Gotcha" exclaimed Tommy, as he looked around.

He aimed for the closest tree. It took him a bit but it finally came crashing down. Tommy placed the wood into Friend's satchel before moving to the next tree. Shroud cheered him the entire time, even pointing to some trees to chop down. It was after the fifth tree that they decided to move to the next thing on the list. Tommy handed Shroud the pen to mark it and asked for the next item.