5

5 months later...

Carson plays the last chord and we finish our song. Now for the editing!

"Nice work today, Carson!" I applaud. Our song has been in the works for months. We have been trying to hit up someone who can actually produce our song and found one. His name is Duncan Nelson, a former music teacher who found an interest in music right after he starred in Total Drama Island, Total Drama Action, Total Drama World Tour, and Total Drama All-Stars.

As you may know, he had a lot of drama concerning Courtney Barlow, but he quickly explained to us that he had found passion in music as he saw her play the violin and was quickly inspired. He has a terrible reputation but turned his life around after he got out of jail for blowing up Chris Mclean's private property.

He's a pretty nice guy and realized that being a good person wasn't such a bad thing. He's currently trying to contact Courtney, hoping she'll give it a try at least being friends. Enough about him; we recorded our song, and it is currently in the works of its final product. All those days spent with Carson made me realize how much I like him. But it feels wrong when I am thinking of another guy at the same time. So, for his sake, I'll try to discard that idea and just keep being friends. I even told him about Corey, Kin and Kon.

"Great job today, everyone! I'll send it over to DJ for it to be finished and we'll be all set by a week," Duncan says.

We walk out of the recording booth.

"Laney, I have somewhere planned for you if you don't mind."

I turn to look at Carson and nod. "Where are we going?" 

"You'll see," he replies, putting a blindfold over my head.

He takes my hand and leads me to his car.

"Trust me on this," he whispers.

I give him a thumbs up to make sure he knows I do. About 20 minutes later, he takes my hand once again and leads me somewhere.

"Remove your blindfold," he instructs.

I carefully take it off, and see a beautiful picnic set up on a hill, to our right is a big swing and the sunset shines brightly.

"It's beautiful Carson."

"This may be predictable, but I have something to tell you," he says.

What does he mean? And what does he have to tell me?

"After all these months we've spent, I've realized how much I like you," he confesses.

What? I can't do this. Not now.

"I'm sorry Carson, I do like you, but I feel guilty, guilty that I'm thinking of someone else. Do you know how many times you reminded me of him? How I think of him every time you say or do something related to what he used to say and do? Like calling me Lanes, which was a nickname he gave me. I can't do this, knowing that I'll be hurting you way more."

Tears fill my eyes. I'm sorry, Carson.

"Laney- we can make it work if you just tell me who you're talking about," he replies, his face looks hurt.

I blink away my tears. "Do you remember that one boy who was my childhood best friend? I know it may sound stupid, but I still can't get rid of my feelings for him, even if the last time I saw him was 10 years ago."

"You mean Corey?" He asked.

I nod and run away.

"But Lanes-!"

*

2 weeks later...

10:00 pm

I've been avoiding Carson for 2 weeks and postponed song publishment. I feel terrible and can't face him. My phone is flooded with notifications from Carson, Kim and the others.

Kim: Laney, what happened between you and Carson?

Carrie: I'm dying to know, let me know too!

Me: None of your business.

Konnie: Tell us!

Kim: Please, let him tell you the truth!

Larry: I agree! Laney, meet up with him

Me: The truth? What truth?!

Carrie: JUST GO MEET UP WITH HIM

Larry: Come on, stop asking her stuff. She may not want to talk about it!

Kim: Meet him today at Blueberry Park.

What truth do I need to know? It must be some setup. And why does everyone know but me?

I put on some black sweat pants and an orange sweater. My hair gets tied up into a messy bun and I go out. What is this truth?

It's dark out, and the park is about two blocks from my house. The lamps glisten, and the glow is mesmerizing. Maybe I notice this because I haven't been out for a while.

I arrive at the park and see him—Carson's hair waves in the wind.

"Why did you want me to come by?" I ask.

He turns around.

"I need to tell you something."