9

May 30-December 24th

"Congratulations on one million plays!" Everyone yells as Corey and I walk into the room.
"Thank you everyone!" I exclaim, happily.
Our song, "My Promise." had been a big hit ever since we posted it. Corey and I had shot up drastically in popularity.
We eat some food and open presents, we did a secret Santa this year.
Kin and Kon are at the chocolate fountain eating away at all the marshmallows

"I had to give Kim a good present since she is Laney's second best friend, and I didn't want to give off a bad impression," Corey says as we watch Kim open her present.

"Second? Who's the first Laney?!" Kim asks.
"Allow me to tell you. It's me." Corey brags.
"Thought you were her boyfriend, but I guess not." Kim shot back.
"Oh please, I can be both," Corey argues.
"Okay stop!" I interject.
Everyone turns to look at me,

"Since these two clearly can't figure out who your number one best friend is, tell them, Laney." Carrie says.
"Okay, okay!" I wave my hands in the air,
"It's...Larry."
They all stare at Larry in shock.
"LARRY?!" Corey and Carrie scream at the same time.
"I mean, we did have a talk during that one time we were all mashed up together," Larry explains.
"I feel betrayed," Kim jokes.
"What did you guys talk about?" Corey asks.

Larry and I sweat nervously, and we look at each-other, checking if the other knows what to do.
"Should we tell them?" I whisper to Larry.
"Uhh.."
They all seem to hear what I whispered.
"Tell us what?" Carrie asks,
Larry blushes, and I look away.
Kin and Kon walks over, their mouths covered in chocolate.
"Oh, I remember what they were talking about!" Kin exclaims.
"Really, tell us!" Corey urges.
I slap my hand over Kin's mouth.
"Don't you dare."
He pushes my hand off.
"They were talking about how stupid Corey and Carrie are for not noticing how they liked them and Laney wished the Corey wasn't so cute so that she could get mad at him properly for his dumb plans." Kin takes a huge breath from saying that all quickly.
"I that was 10 years ago!" I yell.
"Yeah, we changed-!"

Corey grins, "You thought I was cute?"
"Oh shut it, you. That was years ago," I reply.
"I totally would've laughed it off if I know you liked me 10 years ago, Larry," Carrie tells Larry.
"Good thing you were naive and I didn't tell you, or else this would've gone a different way," Larry says.
Carrie holds his hand and he blushes. Corey puts his arm around my shoulder.
"Saw a mistletoe earlier, wonder what would happen if we went under it, Lanes," Corey jokes,
"Oh shut it, all of you! I'm trying to eat my chocolate chocolate swirl ice cream to keep my sad love life out of my head and you lovebirds have to do this." Kim huffs.
"Don't worry Kim, I think I know someone who really likes you," I say, grinning at Kin who was now avoiding eye contact.

*

"Bye guys!" Carrie and Larry wave as everyone leaves their house. "Merry Christmas!"
I get into Corey's car.
"So, where to next? Your house, or mine?" Corey asks.
"I wanna go to yours, we usually go to mine. And besides, I wanna try on all of your beanies." I reply,
"Great choice," Corey says, chuckling.

We arrive at his house and go inside. The rooms are fully decorated in silver and blue Christmas decor which I helped him set up at the beginning of December. I walk into his room and put on a random beanie.
"Careful with that one!"
The beanie is small, and looks to fit more of a 13 year old. I inspect it, and realize it's the beanie...

"Open it!" I exclaim.
"Okay, okay!" Corey replies, tearing open the blue wrapping paper.
Corey stares at his present.
"A bobby blue beanie! I love it!"
I giggle, he's so childish, but it's adorable,
"Now open yours!" He says, excitedly handing me a small present wrapped in green paper.
I carefully tear the paper and I  find a tiny black box. I open it and see a skull clip inside!
"Isn't this the clip I saw at the store the other day?"
He grins, "Yeah, I saw you stare at it for a while and decided to get it for you."
I smile and give him a hug.
"Thanks, I love it!"
He puts on his new blue bobby blue beanie and puts the clip into my hair.
"What do you think?" He asks.
"You look adorable in it." I reply.
"And I think you look cute in your clip."

"Yeah, I kept it." Corey says, feeling embarrassed.
I pull out a skull clip from my pocket.
"And I kept this."
His eyes grow wide, with joy,
"I'm glad I'm not the only one who kept it."
We sit on his bed and he pulls out something from drawer.
"Close your eyes. Now open."
I look up to see a mistletoe hanging over our heads.
"I see how it is, you're quite the romantic, Riffin" I giggle.
"So, where's the kiss you owe me?"
"Right here."
I give him a peck on the cheek and quickly run away.
"That wasn't a real one!" He whines, chasing me.
"A real kiss was supposed to be your present!" I say with an pout.
"I can have it early!"
"Nope!!!"

If it wasn't for Kim, this wouldn't of happened, and I'm thankful she set me up on that "blind date."

I don't know if this ending was that satisfying! If anyone is interested, I'll be glad to make an epilogue