7

1 month later...

I keep my phone on silent. I've ghosted everyone involved in this. Basically, every friend I have. How could they all know but never tell me? What was the point?

Carson is Corey. Corey is Carson.

I don't care anymore. They all lied to me; I've gone on a hiatus on all of my social media.

I decide to take a walk outside to clear my mind. I look up and see the clouds bunch together. I'm guessing it'll rain. As I walk in the park, tiny drops fall onto me. Great, just great. I take a seat at a nearby bench and cover myself up with my sweater. I watch as the rain drops onto my face. I'm done with everyone. I can't do this anymore. 

I bang my forehead on the bench. Why did this all have to happen?

I am soaked. My sweater hair is drenched. The rain continues pouring and I put my hands over my face. What have I gotten into? 

I feel the rain stop pouring over me and look up to a blue umbrella. Huh? 

A familiar face pops his head under the umbrella and takes a seat. Corey.

"What do you want?"

"Look, I'm sorry for lying," he says, looking down.

"Whatever," I mumble. "Just leave me alone. You all lied to me."

"I know, and I really am sorry. But please don't stay out in the rain. I don't want you to get sick." 

My eyes fill with tears. I can't keep ignoring him forever. 

"Why did you pretend?" I ask, choking back my tears.

"I thought you hated me, that you tried to avoid me during the times I came home for vacations. And when I bumped into the Newmans, I found out they had contact with you and Kim volunteered to set us up on a date, but I begged her not to tell you it was me, as I thought you despised me. So please don't hate them, it's all my fault."

I start crying and he wraps his arms around me. 

"I'm glad you're the same person. I didn't want to hurt 'Carson' because I couldn't get over you," I whisper.