Twelve

Severus

The woman stood before their bed dressed in a crimson Roman gown. Her hair was a beautiful golden blonde that waved, and framed her face perfectly. She had electric blue eyes, and was easily one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen in his life.

Hermione screamed, and drew up the covers to cover up her breasts. He put himself before her to protect her, and leveled his wand at her.

"There is no need for your petty magic, Severus Tobias Snape," The woman said calmly. "After all, I did save you and your bride from certain death."

"How do you know my name?"

"I know everything about you," The woman said. "The good, the bad, the passionate parts of you. I welcome you as well, Hermione Jean Granger. I know full well of your long standing love for your wizard. Of your feelings of inadequacies surrounding love."

"Who are you?" Hermione asked.

"My name is Aphrodite, and this is my island," The blonde woman said matter of factly. "Pilgrims used to come from miles around to pay homage to me. But then, mortals decided that the gods were not worth their time, and so the gods live in obscurity, save for witches and wizards who believe in us."

Severus stood and pointed his wand in the goddess's face, scowling, "The myths say that you can look like anyone's heart's desire. Prove it now."

The goddess snapped her fingers, and she turned into Lily Evans. Severus couldn't breathe as he looked her over. Every detail was correct on her, even down to the faint sprinkling of freckles on her shoulders.

"Is this what you wanted, Severus?" She asked in Lily's voice. "Or is it Narcissa?"

She became Narcissa Black, and she stepped forward. "I would shift into different wizards for Hermione, but I know full well who came to a close second in her affections for you."

"Viktor Krum," Hermione answered. "I admit that I had a very fleeting crush on Gilderoy Lockhart, but I never loved anyone but Severus."

The goddess switched back to her regular self. "Now then, the reason for my little visit. I have come to tell you that you may apparate when it is safe for you to do so. But would you wish to go back to the wizarding world? You are at peace here, and raise your little one in peace."

Both the witch and wizard stared at each other, completely stunned. Aphrodite laughed, "Yes, a little girl. A little beauty she will be, but then again, you two have lovely genes to work with. Now, I offer you three choices, but you may only choose one."

"I would prefer to just leave," Severus grumbled, lowering his wand. "But if we have to play these inane games, what are these choices?"

Aphrodite paced about the room. "You may walk around naked, it means nothing to me beyond the pleasure I derive from it. I shape women for a man's pleasure, after all. I allow Zeus to handle the creation of men."

Aphrodite waved her hand in the air, and a timeturner appeared. The timeturner levitated in the air before them. "Now, you may use the timeturner to meet at a point in your life where the ages between you will not matter. You will retain your powers, knowledge, and memories, but I assure you that your bond will be powerful and passionate."

"And the second choice?" Hermione asked, as if afraid to hear the answer.

"You have your baby on this island, and leave it with me," Aphrodite said. "She would live as a priestess of mine safe on this island. Eros will be her mate, and my bloodline will live through her. You will have paid me in full for my generosity in allowing you to live--"

"You let an entire plane of muggles die!" Hermione cried. "We could have apparated to safety back to England...or we could have done something for them! You say you are the goddess of love, but that is cold and cruel."

"The Fates decreed that it was their time to die," Aphrodite said firmly.

Severus snarled, "Bullshit. You could have saved them. You prevented us from apparating back to England, and you expect me to believe some mystical horseshit about destiny and fate? If you know me as well as you say that you do, then you know I don't believe in that codswallop for one moment. I am a practical man."

"Yes, and your mother once advised to never fall for a wizard's promises, nor the flash of a witch's thigh," Aphrodite shot back. "Or, in your case, breast."

"You read my mind!"
"Did I? Intriguing."

"What is the third choice?" Hermione dared to ask.

Aphrodite shrugged her shoulders. "I allow your handsome cousin to come find you on his personal yacht. You board his little boat, and go off, but one of you chooses to put a child in me before you leave. I require an priest or priestess as payment for my generosity. Only life pays for life, it is the universal rule of Mount Olympus, after all."

"You can have Lucius then," Severus said. "He will fuck practically anything that moves. Men, women, objects, it doesn't matter."

Aphrodite laughed, and it sounded musical. "We have an agreement then."

She snapped her fingers, and said, "You will have one week until he finds you, but until then, enjoy your little honeymoon."

Aphrodite apparated with a loud pop, and Severus stood in the cave stunned. Hermione wrapped her arms around him from behind, and immediately, the weather calmed down to a gentle rain.

They went back to bed, and could not sleep for the longest time. Eventually, they made slow, quick love, and it helped them both to relax. But Severus stayed awake, and pondered the goddess's words long into the night, and wondered if he was doing the right thing. Finally, exhaustion overcame him, and he slept, comforted by Hermione's slow, even breathing, and her body warmth...