I want to be more that friends Steveharringtonxfemalereader (smut mentioned )

I sat in my room blasting the loud music from my radio as I painted elevens toenails. Max sat on my bed reading a magazine and drinking a can of coke.
"So y/n....any boys?" Max smirked.
"No. Not since Jacob."
"What about Harrington?" Eleven asked.
"Steve?!? No! He's just a friend." I laughed.
El and Max gigged to each other and stopped talking about it. I went to the bathroom when I overheard laughing from my room.
"Hey Steve, y/n has a crush on you." Max laughed.
I ran out of the bathroom and into my room. I tackled max until I got the phone out of her grip. I hung up the phone and threw it across the room.
"What are you doing calling Steve for????"
"We wanted to tell Steve the great news." El said.
"What news?" I sighed.
"That you like him." Max said.
I couldn't yell at them. They were right. I did like Steve...a lot. But I didn't want to ruin the friendship, so I never told him. Plus seeing eleven getting yelled at would probably break my heart.
"Sorry y/n." El mumbled.
"I'm not mad at you eleven. Just max." I laughed.
Max threw her hands up into the air in a defensive manor.
"Don't come thanking me when you two start dating."
    An hour later eleven and max left leaving me alone. I flip through the pages of the magazine max had been reading. I hear a loud knock from the front door. I throw the magazine and get up. I open the door and see Steve leaning against the door frame.
    "Hi Steve."
    "Hi y/n. Can we talk?" He sighs.
    "Of course. Come in."
    Steve came in running his fingers through his hair.
    "Steve...you okay?" I laugh.
    "What did max mean on that phone call?"
    My eyes grow big and I contain my panic.
    "She was just joking. You know a friend trying to play matchmaker."
    "So you don't like me?" Steve mumbled.
    "Steve...you're my best friend."
    "Of course." Steve mumbled again.
    He sat on the couch looking down at his hands.  
    "Steve we've been friends for years."
    "Well maybe I wanna be more than friends." Steve got louder.
    The room had an awkward silence. I made eye contact with Steve and smiled.
    "What?"
    "I wanna be more that friends too Steve." I smirk.
    Steve walks up to me and takes my face into his hands. I place my lips on his. He kisses back. We both fall back into the couch, making me straddle him. We have a full make out session but then he pauses it looking up at me.
    "Should we go to the bedroom?" Steve sighed.
    I thought about it and I liked the idea but it wasn't the time.
    "Steve. We just found out we both like each other. We don't have to go so fast. But keep thinking what you're thinking." I smirk.
    "Oh...I will." He winks.
     We continue our make out session when the front door bursts open and I jump off Steve thinking it's my dad. I turn and see El.
     "Oh hi y/n. Hi Steve. Sorry Max forgot her jacket. Bye!" Eleven ran out.
     I hide my blushing red face with a blanket as Steve lays his head on my leg.
     "Oh sh*t. I knew it!" Max yelled.
     "F*ck off Max." I laughed.