Part -3 Mrs. Shergill

Hey guys, Thank you for your votes and comments..

From last one,

"Nothing can be compared with the bond that childhood sweethearts share."

“Karan”

When the kindergarten let classes out for the day, the parents came to pick the children up while the teachers would call out the students’ names. Hearing the teacher’s voice, Karan immediately put the drawing file in his hands back into the bag. Wearing his backpack, he walked outside.

After meeting his mom, he habitually searched for Monami's parents, “Mommy, did you see Monu's Nani ?”

"Chhote, maine nahi dekha unhe.” Suhana shook her head.

Then let’s wait some more.”

Alright.” Suhana rubbed her son’s head and patiently waited. But as they waited, even when all the other kids had gone home, no one from the Mahajan's family came.

The empty auditorium was left with only a couple of teachers and Monami. The little girl was standing at the doorway waiting, on the edge of tears.

Karan hurried pulled his mom’s hand and ran over, “Monu, tumhari nani Kahan hai ?”

She shook her head in confusion, looking even more helpless.

The teacher’s phone calls to Monami's family wouldn’t go through, and she couldn’t contact the adults in the house so she felt her head ache. The little girl’s big eyes got watery , the tears wetting her long eyelashes. Her black eyes were misty as she softly and sweetly called out, “Karu, Monu Ghar nahi ja payegi.”

Karan hooked his arm around his little cutie, and imitated the adults, gently patting her back as he comforted her, “ro mat.. Monu.. tu mere saath ghr chlna..main tujhe ghr leke jaunga.."

Suhana went to discuss it with the teacher, and brought the two kids home together.

When they personally dropped Monami back at the Deshmukh's family (Monami' maternal family), they saw Monami's uncle and aunt had already set up dinner, completely unaware that the child did not come home.

Sugana couldn’t help but frown, “Monu was all alone at the kindergarten and no one came to pick her up, did you not know?”

At this moment, Monami's mama - Harsh Deshmukh came over to pick up the child, and said that he had no idea.

After Monami's parents went to the city for work, her nani had been taking care of her at Monami's own home in the town. Aur aaj uski Nani ko kuch kaam jaana pada so that's the reason she wasn't able to pickup Monami. But Before she left, she had told Monami Mami - Kamini Deshmukh to pick up the child in the afternoon, but Kamini did not take it to heart at all. Therefore, she had no idea that the child had not come home.

On the way back to their home, Karan turned his head towards his mother, “Mommy, next time when you pick me up, hum Monu ko bhi na saath laayege.. okk.”

When Nani returned, Suhana personally went to discuss this with her, saying that in the future she’ll bring both kids back. The elderly naturally happily agreed.

*****

Monami was born in the month of December. The day she turned five, the ground was wet due to unexpected rain with hail (You know barish ke sath ole padna) that happened day before yesterday.

Juhi- Monami's mother who was working outside became pregnant again with second child, and it was inconvenient for her to make the travel back and forth. As such, she only couriered a set of new clothes to her daughter as a birthday gift.