Part - 16 Choice given (or not)

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

"Hope is too bad.. bcoz when it is given.. wishes are made on its basis.. but if it broke.. the life motto crumbles.."

-me

Her aunt had let it slip, and Monami had heard the cruel reality. She could no longer hold herself back and ran inside the house to call her parents.

The saddest part was that even though everything had come to this stage, they still refused to explain to the child, only using the excuse that “bachho ko bado ki baat me interfere nahi Karna chahiye..” to brush her off.

Her nani ma comforted her, “Your parents don’t want you to worry. You can’t help them solve this problem, so just believe in them, okay?”

Monami felt very upset, but it wasn’t as if she could vent at her nani ma.

Late at night, the young lady sat in front of her bed, folding countless paper stars. She couldn’t fall asleep, because the moment she closed her eyes, unpleasant thoughts would crowd her mind.

Legend says that folding one thousand stars would be able to make a person’s wish come true.

She knew that this was a lie, but it also represented the hope and desire people had inside for good things. She would also naively think that if she was able to fold a thousand stars, maybe her parents would reconcile?

Soon, it was time for final exams. Monami’s test scores were worse than before.

There was one more semester until their high school qualification exams. The teacher paid a lot of attention to the students’ test scores and contacted each student’s parents, hoping that during the winter break, they would be able to help their child think about what they want to do.

When Juhi received the phone call, she stayed silent for a long time before finally going to find Deepak, “Monu’s grades went down, shayad humari wajah se.”

“Chahe humara rishta kitna hi bigde, I hope that we can give the children a good environment. At the very least, before Monu takes her exams, we should not affect her.”

Like this, for the sake of their daughter’s test scores, Juhi and Deepak temporarily formed a truce. Juhi was afraid that her daughter’s studies would be affected, while Deepak was thinking about how to use the next six month’s to win back his wife.

In order to act out this play, the husband and wife duo returned back to their hometown during the new year with their younger daughter.

Seeing her parents bring ther little sister home, Monami was extremely happy. She stood on her tiptoes as she shared her good mood with Karan, “Karu.. mumma-papa ka divorce nahi hua.. , they’ve made up with each other. I’m still Dad and Mom’s child!”

Karan knew that Monami thirsted for her parents’ love. Seeing her so happy, he didn’t expose the fact that Juhi and Deepak were just putting on an act.

Actually, anyone who saw clearly would understand. But Monami looked at things with rose-tinted glasses and felt that her parents were just like before.

On New Year’s Eve, she even brought out the box of stars that she had “naively” folded to make a wish, “I wish that I can stay together forever with the people I like!”

As for the people she liked, it included Karu that treated her well despite not being related to her, as well as people who were related to her like her nani ma, dad, and mom.