Part - 17 The year of abandonment

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments..

So padhne se phle.

Warning or Advice: before reading this chapter, if u are someone jo bhavnao ne beh jaate h.. woh pls tissues or handkerchief apne pass rakh kar padhiyega... Bcoz iss chapter me aapke aansu beh sakte hain...
Kyunki main isse likhte hue royi hoon..
So yeah..
Continuing from the last part,

They say that abandonment is a wound that never heals. I say only that an abandoned child never forgets.

-Mario Balotelli

Monu, mummy papa jab alag ho ... tb tu kiske sath rehna chahti hai?” The parents who had once spoken so lovingly to each other had torn off their facades in a blink of an eye, turning into strangers.

They were all asking her “do you want to go with dad or mom”, was it to give her the freedom to choose?

But what she wanted to know more was, “If mumma and papa have to separate, who wants me?”

Deepak and Juhi both fell silent. Monami lowered her eyes, already knowing the answer.

What a cruel reality…

Overnight, she had realised what it meant to fall down from the clouds. She didn’t even get a chance to ask for help.

They had planned everything already. They were just waiting for the right time to notify her: We have divorced already.

papa.”

“Mumma.”

“aap log bahut bure ho.. You guys are so cruel…”

At the same time she learnt that her family was going to be torn apart, she suddenly discovered that she was not chosen by either party. It was really cruel.

Outside the door, her nani ma was rubbing her temples. Only after her dizziness went away did she push the door open and walk in, bringing the young girl with her back to her room.

nani ma, kya aapki kanha bilkul bhi achi nahi hain, isliye hi unhe main pasand nahi hoon haina?” Her hands were covering her tearful eyes. A strong sour feeling emerged from her throat, “Main ghar ka saara Kam kr sakti hoon, maine alag alag tareeke ka khana bnana bhi shika hua hain, main padhai bhi acha krti hoon, apna aur doosri ka bhi dhyan rakh sakti hoon, and I was also obedient and never asked them anything, but…”

She looked forward to family harmony. Even if they really couldn’t continue on and divorced, she would respect her parents’ choices. She wasn’t even asking for her parents to spoil her.

But why, why did none of them want her?

Hearing the child pour out her grievances, nani ma felt heartache for her. Hugging her granddaughter, she helped her wipe away her tears, “meri kanha toh sabse jyada samajhdar aur pyari bachhi hai... nani ma loves, nani maa wants you.”

The granddaughter that she had raised since young, nani ma cared about her the most.

When she was young, because neither of her parents were around, she was more mature than other children the same age as her. She learnt early on how to take care of housework, helping to do laundry and cook. She was never stubborn and wasn’t like those other naughty children outside who would only cause trouble for their family.

When other people treated her well, she would be happy and cherish it, using her own ways to repay the goodwill. When other people did not treat her well, she would also just swallow her grievances, never shouting at others or getting angry.