Part 15 Don't cry

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments

Continuing from the last part,

"I could handle anything even if it's end of the world and have to go and fight zombies.. I can do that.. but your tears.. I can't.."

-me

During the winter of 9th grade, it was Monami’s 14th birthday.

Just like always, Nani ma would cook up her favorite dishes and Karan would accompany her to eat cake.

It was just…she didn’t get any presents from her parents this year.

As was tradition, Nani ma cook gajar ka halwa for her, “aaj se humari Monu pure 15 saal ki ho jaegi.. kanha.”

She was fourteen, but in the eyes of the elderly, after the day of her fourteenth birthday, she’d be considered fifteen. She also felt that she had grown up quite a lot.

Nani ma had already bought some groceries beforehand. While cooking, Monami was standing next to her helping out.

Nani ma, mujhe krne do.. aap bahar jakr tv dekh lijiye.. apna fav aastha channel...” Monami usually assisted in household chores, unwilling to let her Nani ma work hard alone.

Nani ma was originally about to bend down to grab utensils. Just as she bent down, she was overcome with dizziness, and she almost couldn’t stand. Monami’s back was facing her Nani ma as she washed the vegetables, so she didn’t see what had happened just now.

Nani ma held onto the wall to stand up and replied with, “I’ll go out first to take a look at the other stuff.”

Okay.” Monami continued to be busy in the kitchen.

Holding onto the wall for support, Nani ma slowly walked to the living room and collapsed onto the sofa.

This has already happened a few times, but each time, the dizziness sensation did not last long. She was afraid to tell her granddaughter, afraid that she would worry. Lamenting about how it would be a waste of money to go to the hospital, it would be fine if she just rested at home for a while and waited for it to pass.

In the afternoon, Monami went to the Shergill family. Originally, the Shergill family had also called  her Nani ma to come over to eat cake, but Nani ma thought that the Shergill family treated the child well because they liked Monu, so if she also followed along, it would be a little embarrassing.

Monami didn’t return until nighttime, “Nani ma, kya aaj kissi ka Ghar par call aaya tha?”

Neither she nor her Nani ma had a cellphone, so the only way of communication was through the landline at home. She was still secretly harboring some expectations.

Seeing her hopeful yet not daring to say anything, sympathy welled up in her Nani ma’s heart, but she could only shake her head.

Monami returned to her room.

Her Nani ma hesitated for a bit, then called Juhi, wanting to ask what exactly have they, as parents, been doing, unable to even wish their daughter a happy birthday.

She didn’t know that at this moment, Deepak and Juhi could care less about some birthday celebration!

“I can’t do this anymore! Tum chahe kuch bhi Karo..  but you actually dared to…to go gamble!”

Juhi, mujhe pata hai mujhse galti hui hai.. bahut badi galti. Forgive me, I won’t ever do it again, let’s continue to pass our days peacefully, okay?”