Day 10: Watching the Other Sleep (Fluff)

Reaper's POV

I slowly woke up as the sun started to rise, shining brightly through the window. I looked down at the mass on top my arm, smiling as I found Geno. He was laid on top of my arm and cuddling into my side, soundly sleeping. I smiled, gently placing my hand on his cheek, to which he snuggled into. I sighed quietly, trying to wiggle my arm out from other him, which of course didn't work. After just a few more attempts I gave up, my arm going limp under my sleeping husband.

Not that I minded, I could watch him sleep all day if he would let me. He always looked so peaceful when he was asleep, having no worries in the world. All of his insecurities of himself and worries faded away as he slipped into his dream state, everything bad thing he ever had thought of gone in a matter of minutes. Leaving his beautiful mind free from everything, even if only for a few hours. He deserved no less, and much more. I'd give him years, an eternity even, of peace if I could.

Sadly, I couldn't. I'm the God of Death, not peace. Quite the opposite, actually.

I heard a yawn and looked over to Geno, seeing him slowly stretching before rubbing his eyes, emitting a long yawn as he did so. I smiled, brushing my hand gently over his cheek. He nuzzled into it, looking at me and smiling "Good morning, angel" He nodded in response before speaking "Good morning.." he yawned again "How long have you been up..?" I shrugged, honestly unsure. Even if I did know, I wasn't sure I would've wanted to tell him. He would've been upset that I could've possibly been watching him sleep, which I totally was. But he doesn't have to know that "Uh, an hour maybe?" Geno nodded, snuggling more into my chest. I smiled, gently petting the top of his head. He went quiet and I eventually felt his weight drop, signaling he had fallen asleep once more. I sighed before chuckling, shaking my head as I smiled. I relaxed, moving my hand to rub his back soothingly. I had a feeling today wouldn't be too productive.