Chapter 6: Sweet nothings

You weren't exactly sure what to do with the offer. Well, you did accept it anyways because again, there's no point in fighting this. Maybe SHIELD really is good.

However, you still had some distrust in them. "Hey Nat." You greeted as you walked into the living room. "Hey Y/n, want to watch some movies with me?" She asked.

You nodded and sat down next to her. "What movie do you want to watch?" She asked.

"How about...Cinderella 1950 version."

"Sounds like a plan." She opened Disney plus and clicked on the movie. You started getting tired, and leaned your head on her shoulder, later snuggling under her arms.

Sam came in and was amused by the sight. "What do we have here?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Wake her up, Wilson, and I'll punch your face so hard you won't ever be able to move those stupid eyebrows again." She threatened. Sam backed away in surrender and sprinted out of the room.

Everyone was terrified of Natasha, and they did not want to get on her bad side. You groaned and opened your eyes, to see those pretty greens staring right back at you.

"Hi hun." She said with a smile. "Sleep okay?" She asked.

"Yeah I guess so." You got up, so you were sitting next to her. She moved a hair back from your face and leaned in to kiss you.

"Wow, that was..." you trailed off.

"Amazing." She finished your sentence. You giggled and kissed her again. "I guess this is a good time to tell you I love you?" She asked.

"I think it is. I love you too Romanoff." You whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, Natasha took you on a date to an Italian restaurant because what's more romantic than that? "Okay, okay. So you're telling me that you broke your spine at 9 years old trying to get your favorite book off the bookshelf?" She chuckled.

"Yes. I mean, I was too short to reach it and my mom was busy so the best option was to climb the bookshelf. Of course my hands got sweaty and made me slip off, landing on my back the wrong way." You explained.

"I wish I had childhood stories like that to tell." She said lowly.

"Don't you? I know about...what you've been through but don't you still have some happy childhood memories?"

"Well, yeah. Except they were all fabricated. Those pictures we had in the photo album, of Christmases, birthdays, halloweens, summer vacations, were all taken the same day. Because we had to appear like a normal family that was absolutely not in association with the red room."

"I'm so sorry, Tasha. I wish I could make you feel better."

"It's okay sweetie, it was a long time ago and I've grown to accept the fact that my life isn't normal."

The rest of the dinner was nice, and then some slow jazz music started playing. Couples started to get up and dance. Natasha stood up and held her hand out to you.

You took it and the two of you swayed to the music. You leaned her head on her shoulder and closed your eyes, this was the perfect first date.