Record 01 - Awakening Of The New Vessels

For the past 5,000 years since the last great battle, there was a force that traveled through space and time to ensure the world's safety from an inevitable danger and destruction. The humans didn't know anything about it. Or at least, most of them didn't know.

Only a few selected individuals knew the truth about those chosen to defend the world. It was a hard task but in the end, those chosen people left the world with the knowledge that the world will continue their lives safe from harm.

But there is still the fear that a certain person's soul had carried in each of her reincarnations for the past 5,000 years. She knew right before her death that the battle will not be over by just sealing the dark force that once threatened to destroy the world. Their battle will only be over once the dark force had all been destroyed completely.

In the present times, her fear had begun to come to life.

= = = = = =

Somewhere in the mountains...

It was indeed a very beautiful day. Many had gone to do their ways of spending that day to the fullest. There was one elementary school that had planned a mountain trip for the students that day. From 1st grade to 6th grade, they went to that mountain. Though for each grade, they had different areas in the mountain that they must traverse.

But let's just take a look at the 1st graders' tour to the mountain.

Besides having a tour of one of the most revered mountains in the area, the 1st graders also had plans of doing tree planting activities there. Some of the kids were excited, while some were... not exactly giving a care about it. In short, some kids looked bored with it.

There was a boy among them who was just sitting, looking displeased and bored, on one of the big boulders there. He was just looking over his classmates doing the tree planting. But as he did so, he couldn't keep feeling something weird on the boulder he was sitting at. He stood up to have a look. The weird thing was, he saw some sort of characters vaguely etched on it.

The boy wasn't so sure but he knew it was in Kanji. And being a first-grader, he wasn't exactly the smart one to be able to read Kanji at his age-especially if it was a Kanji that he could say as difficult as this one. But that wasn't the only thing he noticed. The characters were written in the middle of an etched lotus flower on the same boulder. All were crossed out by a big X mark and there was a hole in the intersection of the X mark. The hole was also situated in between the two Kanji characters.

"This field trip couldn't get any weirder..." the boy commented with a shake of his head. Just as he said that his eyes caught something that somewhat looked like a glare from a glass. It came from below the boulder he was sitting at.

Well, no one could help it if it was out of curiosity. The boy crouched down and searched the ground for the source of that glare. After a few moments, he found it. To his amazement, it was a dark purple crystal-similar to that of obsidian.

When things couldn't get any weirder and boring for the boy, he decided to do something to save himself from dying of boredom.

"Kouta-kun, what are you doing?" From out of nowhere, the boy's teacher called out.

"Nothing, Sensei!" Kouta shouted back but didn't dare turn around to have a look. He was too busy etching the Kanji characters clearer and deeper than he saw on the boulder. Kouta did it as carefully and accurately as he could.

He couldn't tell why but Kouta felt that there was nothing wrong with doing it and something would happen if he retraced the characters to make it clear. As soon as he finished etching the Kanji characters along with the lotus flower shape, he even etched the big X mark, as well. Feeling satisfied with his work, there was one more thing he felt was the only thing left to complete.