Record 03 - The Traveling Novelist

Somewhere in Yokohama...

It was nighttime. A teenage girl was standing in the middle of a small library of that mansion. She was looking at the bookshelves with a melancholic look on her face. The same melancholic feeling that the full moon was giving off on that particular night.

"Professor, I'll be leaving tomorrow. I guess it's about time, huh? I'll put my travels on hold for now. Just until I finally finish my mission," the girl said to no one in particular. But she made it seem as if the old man she was referring to was just in front of her.

A heavy sigh came out of her mouth soon after, as she looked at the cylindrical item in her hand. That item looked similar to the Seitengers' Hyakureider, only smaller and with only two slots and three buttons. One more feature unique to this cylinder was the figure of six wings near one end of it, three wings placed on each side. The girl gripped the cylinder hard as she began thinking of things that she knew were about to come now that she decided to do this.

She had to leave the mansion she could ever call home for a long time.

Once again, she sighed and eyed the portrait of an old man hanging in one part of that library.

"Professor... Guide me, okay? I know you trained me all this time for this moment. But to be honest, I'm not sure if I can do this," she muttered, her voice quivering a little. Soon after, she noticed that her hand holding the cylindrical item started to quiver, as well.

Was she this scared?

For now, she didn't have much of a choice but to fight that fear. She has a mission to finish whatever happens. She promised that to their graves.

It'll be fine...

XXXXXX

Mizuhashi mansion...

Around the same time, Hideoki stepped out of his room and eyed the full moon from the veranda. Though looking at it only reminded him of his wife Mariko, that wasn't the reason why he felt quite melancholic. He looked at the envelope in his hand, still unopened. He couldn't find himself opening it even though the sender requested him to open it on the night of the full moon.

He looked at the letter one more time for a few more moments before finally deciding to open it. Nothing would come if he remained indecisive about things like this. But soon after, he frowned at the words he read in that letter.

'Atsuko's daughter... is coming here?'

And that wasn't all he read there. There was one particular passage in that letter that surprised him to some extent.

"That means the soul has finally chosen its next incarnation," Hideoki muttered as he continued to read the letter. Not many details were placed there with regards to the identity of the next incarnation that the sender was talking about.

But one more passage only brought him confusion and to some extent, fear.

'Her role is to stop the tragedy from repeating. You must protect her and the current incarnation at all cost.'

Hideoki just received that letter yesterday. But the sender had been dead for two months now. And no, it wasn't because of the Tareans. It was already the sender's time, but not without leaving Hideoki a task that might determine the fate of the children under his care.

But there was one question that lingered in the historian's mind even after reading the rest of the letter.

Who was the current incarnation?

xxxxxx

"She's here. The chosen is finally here..."

Itsuki kept on hearing the same words over and over as he roamed the place he was currently at. To his confusion, though, he was roaming the forest near the hotel where his parents died because of the fire 10 years ago. What frustrated him more was the fact that he couldn't leave that place at all no matter how hard he tried to leave.