The Elephant In The Room

Marie's POV: 

Halle and Drew's anniversary was right around the corner, and even though my stomach and my body were growing larger in size. I was doing everything i could, to help coordinate and organize the party. Of course the anniversary party was formal and had a specific attire, which meant dresses for the ladies attending. But with my pregnant self, nothing pretty could actually fit me. 

Every time i tried on something, i just kept on ripping and tearing into my old clothes, i didn't even recognize myself at this point. I also didn't even recognize my old clothes anymore, like they looked as though they belonged to a teenager. I glanced at myself in the mirror, as i witnessed how much weight i had gained because of the baby. 

I guess i never really thought about how much carrying a child, would fuck up my entire body.

 But hopefully, it would be worth it. 

Halle was out dress shopping, as her and i were face timing on the phone. 

"Which one should i even get?" she asked on the other line, as she showed me some dresses she was looking at in the store. This was the closest i could get, to actually walking outside the house again. 

At this size, if anyone saw me, they would know i was pregnant for sure. We couldn't risk that, not right now. It was only a rumor at the moment, nothing factual. "I really like the gold and beige one, that one is stunning! i wish my elephant self could fit into that. Let alone any dress."i said, as Halle didn't laugh at my joke. It was only funny when i called myself the elephant in the room. "Marie come on, don't call yourself that. Don't think of yourself as an elephant, think of it like... you've gained some baby fat." she said, as we laughed together. 

"Hey, i got to go, another business call, i'll see you at home" Halle said, "okay yeah bye" i said, as we hung up. I sat down my phone and laid back in my bed, running my fingers over my belly. It was crazy cool how i could feel my daughter inside me, and i never wanted to get use to it. I found myself in the music room a lot recently, playing the piano. Drew was right, i hadn't sang in while. But when i sang to my daughter, i felt her kick a few times, as i caught myself daydreaming about what she would be like. 

But i needed to stop calling her that, my daughter..

 Because she won't be when she's born.

 I hated how i wouldn't get to see her grow up, or get the honor of being her mother when she did so. But i kept on having to tell myself, i'm doing the right thing. 

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. 

When i came home from a doctor's visit, a box was waiting for me on my bed. I looked around the room, but no one was in here. So i approached the bedside, the box was baby blue with a white ribbon top. As i opened it, there was a black silk dress inside. As i held it in my hands, i smiled. Placing it up to myself in the mirror and smiling even more. I hope it fits. I was then curious as to who gave this to me. Halle?.. Drew?

I looked back over at the box, before finding a note that read: "for my favorite elephant" Which made me burst out laughing. there was no name on the note though. But i assumed Halle got it for me, when she was shopping at the dress store. She probably felt bad and wanted to make me feel better about putting on more weight. 

I went into the hallway to go find her and thank her, but i saw Drew in the hall. Leaning up against the wall, almost like he was waiting for me. "You like my gift?" he asked, as i frowned. "How did you know i-" i started, "i uh... i overheard you talking to Halle earlier.." he said, as i smiled walking over to him. "Thank you, it's beautiful" i said, as i hugged him. "I'm glad you love it" he said, as he wrapped his arms around me.