Chapter 13

TW: Somewhat of a smut ig-

I couldn't fall asleep that night. I was worried about Vinnie, but also about what he had said. My chest began to feel tight, and I started to hyperventilate. I sat in the corner of the room with the feeling that I was dying. Crying as quietly as I could, I guess wasn't quiet enough since Vinnie woke up.

"Oh fuck. My head- Sydney? Are you okay?"

He gets out of bed and runs over to me best he can.

"Breathe Syd Breathe. Deep breaths."

He holds me in his arms in the corner. Vinnie kisses the top of my head and wipes my eyes.

"Vinnie, do you really want to breakup with me?"

"What? Why would you say that?"

"B-Because. After you got super drunk at Larray's party you told me that I was still in love with Jacob and that we should breakup because of it."

"Part of that is true.. not the breakup part, but I do still think your in love with Jacob."

"I'm not. Unless it's really hidden under everything for you. I love you Vinnie. With everything I have."

I wrap my legs around him and kiss him. Vinnie wraps his arms around me bringing me closer to him.

He kisses my neck in ways that I know are probably gonna leave a hickey. Vinnie whispers into my ear.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

I nod. "I'm sure Vin. Never been more sure of anything."

Vinnie picks me up and puts me on the bed. He takes his shirt off and kisses me again.

We both try our hardest to remain as quiet as possible, but let's be honest. That wasn't very possible.

- in the morning -

Someone knocks on the door.

"Don't come in here-" I yell out.

Vinnie quickly slips his pants on as I just slip on Vinnie's hoodie and my under garments.

I open the door. It was Jake.

"Just figured I'd let you know how terrible you are at having silent sex."

Vinnie walks over to the door.

"Real question is Jake, why were you listening?"

"I'm gonna leave now-"

Vinnie smirks a bit and closes the door.

"By the way, I'm keeping this hoodie."

"Feel free. Looks like I left a little something behind last night."

I look in the mirror. "Hm. Guess you did. Now I can flex the fact I got a hickey from Vinnie Hacker. Every teenage girl's dream."

Vinnie rolls his eyes and kisses me once again.

"Uhm Sydney.. I've started thinking a bit."

"About?"

"Us."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"No, No, No. Not that. I just uh.. bought you something not really thinking about it."

"Are you trying to propose or something?"

He laughs. "No, I'm not proposing. Sydney Renee Payne."

"Yes Vincent Cole Hacker?"

"I bought you a promise ring, but I bought a little chain for it because I know you don't like wearing rings."

"Vinnie.."

"And it has both of our birthstones in it. It's something that I thought you'd really like, and it's beautiful. Like you."