fourty five

the group of boys in their colourful suits climbed out of the taxi and grouped outside the venue. it wasn't exactly the limo jon had had in mind but they were college students and this was the best they were going to get. nonetheless they had massive smiles plastered on their faces as a steady stream of people started filing in through the big doors in front of them.

"there goes my ability to ever have kids" anthony groaned, "we couldn't have just made two trips and saved my fucking balls?"

"shut up panda I'm as light as a feather," laughed daithí. "come on, brock says he's inside already and the speeches are about to start."

-

once inside, everyone craned their heads over the crowd of people and eventually found brock, sitting in a pale pink suit beside a brown haired girl in a long pink dress. he had managed to save a seat at the table for the group; one by one they introduced themselves and then gratefully took their seats.

after a while, the food was brought out and everyone was laughing and chatting away loudly, but brock kept anxiously checking his phone and looking around. lui, who was sitting beside brock, bar one empty chair, gave him a concerned look. brock sighed, "brian isn't replying to any of my texts, he's supposed to here by now." lui smiles sympathetically, and reassured him that he'd be here soon, and he was probably just running late.

at the other end of the table, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, but there was a tense atmosphere lingering in the background. scotty and craig sat on one side, and tyler and marcel on the other, and both were making a pretty half assed attempt to not talk to the others. it wasn't working very well of course, and tyler couldn't stop thinking about how handsome craig looked in his suit. he wanted nothing more to be the one beside him right now instead of scotty. maybe david was right.