8. This Can't Be The End Of Us

Location: Birla Mansion

Neil was tossing and turning in his sleep thinking about the set of events which occurred from finding Akshara's condition to having to hide it from Abhimanyu.

Neil sat straight in bed and thought, "No Aarohi I understand your feelings and yes bhai will be shattered but still he has a right to know about his love no matter how badly he will be hurt I cannot keep him away from this truth"

With that, he marched towards Abhimanyu's room and went inside to find it empty.

Neil thought, "Bhai must be in the hospital"

Neil tried calling Abhimanyu but he didn't receive it, well it's not new as whenever he is in OPD or OT he never entertains any calls.

Neil remembered Arohi's words, "Day by day her condition is deteriorating they even suggested that we remove her from life support."

Neil thought, "I can't waste a single minute here, I have to talk to him."

Neil dialled the hospital's number which was picked up by the receptionist, "Hello Siya, this is Neil Birla, I need to talk to Dr Abhibanyu is he in OT?"

Receptionist, "Please hold on a second sir, I will check" saying so she put Neil on hold after some time she came back on the line saying, "Sorry to keep you waiting Sir but Abhimanyu Sir is not in the hospital right now, As per his assistant, he went check on his patient. "

Neil said, " Thanks Siya, Anyways if Bhai shows up please tell him to call me right away it's urgent okay"

Siya replied, "Sure Sir"

With that, he disconnected the call and was pacing from one side to the other in Abhimanyu's room.

Location: Lifeline Hospital

It was already 7 am in the morning and Abhimanyu was checking the readings of his patient on the monitor when Dr Sinha came checking the reports he said, "Dr Birla, his latest report are much better, I think that blood-thinning medicine didn't suit him"

"Yes that was the reason", Abhimanyu agreed, "he is stable now but keep me updated on his vitals, if I'm in the middle of some emergency cases, you can coordinate with my assistant, I will get back later"

Dr Sinha nodded yes and they left ICU and went towards Dr Sinha's cabin As soon as they were inside the cabin Abhimanyu took out his mobile to talk to a private investigator regarding Akshara's whereabouts, as soon as he unlocked it, it got switched off due to drained battery.

"Dammm", Abhimanyu muttered

"All good Dr Birla ?", Dr Sinha asked seeing Abhimanyu annoyed

"Yeah, just that my phone is dead", Abhimanyu said and thought, "I will directly drop at his office"

Dr Sinha said, "that's not a problem you can charge it here"

"No that's fine anyways I'm taking a leave now and thank you for personally taking care of Mr.Bakshi's case in my absence", Abhimanyu said

"That's no problem after all it's my duty" Dr Sinha replied with a smile

Abhimanyu just nodded and was all set to leave when Dr Sinha got a notification on his mobile from pathology that Akshara's report is ready

Dr Sinha just hopelessly tilted his head in no reading the notification as he already knows there isn't going to be anything new unless some miracle happens, there wasn't any hope here but suddenly he thought of something and looked at Abhimanyu.