Chapter 1

"Uth gyi?"

A woman in her early 60's asked. She had just woken up to find Kiara making breakfast.

"Haan bass bohot late ho rahi hai aaj class juldi hain aur phir ngo bhi jaana hai...Kaafi kaam hain"

"Aaj jaane ki zaroorat nhi kal Pratham ke engagement se bhi late aayi thi"

And that is where the pain was back.

"Why do you have to remind me mom," she thought to herself.

It hurts, watching the person you loved all along slipping the ring on someone else fingers, the ring which signifies so much. But she had known it all right. Pratham loves Ashi and Ashi loves Pratham and when two people are so much in love they deserve to be with each other, it was so simple yet so complicated.Why she had to fall in love with him just why anybody else would have sufficed but that is the only thing about love you realize only after you have fallen deeper. Not acknowledging her feelings in front of him was the right thing to do but damn doing the right thing was just experiencing hell. Heartbreak is awful.

Yesterday night was trauma, characterized by beautiful clothes, beautiful ceremony, and prettiest smile but to her, it was simply heart-wrenching. She cried after coming back, she cried the whole night. One night to mourn the love she lost even before getting it.

"Kya soch rahi hoo?"

"Kuch nahi..Aaj important class hai nahi chorr sakti."

She murmured while walking away to her university.

The day at the university was awful too, she could not concentrate, everything about yesterday came flashing back and she hated herself for still being in love with him.

The whole purpose of going there last night was to provide a reason for her stupid heart to finally move on, to move on from the unrequited love that never did her good. He was an engaged man for god sake dreaming about him was wrong to so many extents. But her heart never understood.

She was sitting in her free period at the canteen with naina, her best friend.

"Are u alright"

"Yeah, Mujhe kya hoga?"

"Do you want me to remind you the reason?"

Kiara averted her eyes.

"Haan chura le nazrein, this won't change any reality honestly. Please Kiara kesi aur ke liye nahi khud keliye move on. I am worried about you. You looked so broken yesterday why are you even doing this with yourself."

"As if it is too easy to move on. Aur kal Jana zaroori tha. Don't worry about me I would be fine."

"Fine, nice joke. Your eyes are red and puffy signifies how fine are you. Mujhse jhoot bolne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai."

Just then her phone began ringing, Pratham was calling.

Why was he calling? But she didn't pick. He would start talking about yesterday and she won't be able to bear it.

"Class ka time hogaya chalte hain."

She walked into her home at 8. She could hear voices from the lounge. She walked and there he was dressed in a casual blue shirt and track pants, hairs disleaved. He looked fresh but most he looked happy.

"Khush Kyun Nahi Hoga obvious hai bohot khush Hoga." She thought to herself

"Aagyi mom"

"Kahan thi Bechara kab se intezaar Kar Raha hai. Tum log Baat Karo main coffee le Kar aati hu". Her mom complained.

"Mujhe tum ne inform hi nahi kiya ke aarahe ho Kyu kya hua?"

"Madam uske liye phone uthana hota hai..Ignore Kyun kar rahi ho."

"Kyu ki mae tumhein uske saath nahi dekh sakti"

"Kya hua?". He inquired gazing at her.

"Nothing... Kya hoga mujhe"

"Tum mujhse jhoot nahi bol sakti. Koshish bhi kyu karti ho."

He said shrugging his shoulders, his gaze nonetheless at her as if trying to read her mind.

Why the hell deos he knows me this much... She thought

"Jhoot nahi bol rahi kuch nahi hua. Thak gayi hu."

Pratham put his hand to check her temperature.

"Kiara what the hell, you are burning. Tum kesi doctor ho apna khayal bhi nahi rakhti patients ka kya rakho gi. Tum ne subah se khuch khaya bhi hai kya? Chalo utho hospital chalte hain."

This was the reason for being in love with him, his care. No one knew she had a fever, no one knew she has not eaten anything, but he knew because he could Why could not he see the love in them? She questioned herself. Shaking herself from her thoughts.

she pushed his hand back saying"Sahi hu..Bukhar hai medicine le li hai theek hojayega. Khana kha rahi hu. Fikar krne ki baat nhi"

He just kept quiet and gazed at her. He knew something was troubling her hurting her probably, but she won't tell. He just hoped she remains happy. His phone began ringing and Ashi was calling. The smile on his face indicated to Kiara who was calling.

She silently started eating her food while he talked to Ashi.

He was never hers and she was foolish not to understand this.

Next chapter soon.. 🤧