Chapter 12

He walked down the stairs, moving his hand in his hair. He was working in the study for his new project. His parents and sister had gone for some important work and since it was just him and Kiara, they had decided to watch a movie together, when his PA had called and he had become so engrossed in work that he forgot he was supposed to be with Kiara, for which she was going to kill him.

Scanning the lounge, after searching the whole house he was worried sick where she was.

When his eyes lingered to a white figure in the kitchen, and beware it was no spirit roaming for some kind of sick revenge, it was his dear wife he had been searching for.

Shaking his head, he should have first checked the kitchen. You can find Mushk at two places, doing only two things.

Either she is eating or sleeping, nothing else matters for her.

Entering he saw her baking something, with cocoa powder, flour, vanilla essence and cream scattered everywhere on the counter. He walked forward sitting on the counter quietly.

"Itni khamoshi Kyu Hain Bhai." His heart thought confused.

"Toofan se Pehle ki khamoshi hain." His mind reminded him which made him nod his head in agreement.

"Koi toofan se Pehle ki khamoshi nahi hain, yeh koi nayi baat tu nahi, tumhara ditch Karna. Aadat ho Gayi hai ab kya naraz hu". Kiara grumbled, knowing him very well.

Maybe the sentence was said in some other context. Maybe, who knows.

While he quickly got down, marching towards her,

"Sorry yaar woh actually ek important project hai, tu kaam mein busy ho Gaya. Sorry na yaar"

He further apologized holding his one ear.

Now how can you not forgive a handsome hunk, who happens to be your husband and love, cutely apologizing while holding ears?

"Why the hell is my heart so soft especially in his matter" She thought dejectedly.

"It is okay"

She said, waving her hand.

Focusing again on her chocolate cake, she began mixing the cocoa powder into the batter she had prepared. Rohan looked on sadly for her lack of attention, was the stupid cake so important? Groaning in distaste.

Then suddenly he dipped his fingers in the chocolate batter, licking it and moaning at the taste.

Kiara hit him with the spatula angrily.

Pratham hissed,

"Uff zaalim aurat kyu maar rahi ho?" he said while rubbing where she hit him.

"Zyada drama nahi Karo or yeh kya manners  nhi hain kya.. Cake ban Jaye fir khaana." She remarked angrily while placing the mixture inside the oven.

Pratham eyed the flour packet mischievously, now a little prank won't make a difference.

As Kiara turned around a lot of flour was dropped on her, while she looked baffled.

Pratham laughed aloud seeing her appearance, with all her hair and face covered in white flour, she looked so funny.

While he was laughing an entire container of flour was dropped on his head, and he looked at her shocked.

"What the hell!"

He quickly picked the cocoa powder packet, dropping it over her head, and she resembled a walking bakery shop, all brown and white. Kiara stifled in anger,