Chapter 13

"Are you free today?" Pratham asked while wearing his tie. He was joining the office officially today as he had an important meeting today.

"Yes, why?" Kiara asked, astonished while making the bed sheet, her university was supposed to start the day after tomorrow.

"So you are free for dinner," Pratham asked again as if conforming.

While Kiara walked towards him, confused.

"Dinner?"

"Yess I realized I never took you out on a dinner, so why not. Fir tumhari university khul Jaye gi tu tum busy ho jao gi". He replied while brushing his hair.

"Are you asking me out?" she asked mischievously.

While placing the brush on the dressing table again he turned towards,

"What if I am?" he asked, raising his eyebrows, curious about his answer. Stepping closer to her while Kiara stood rooted at her place. His closeness causes all her confidence to evaporate in thin air.

"Yes," she said almost breathlessly while Pratham smirked at her. While Kiara saw him smirking and added.,

"You know me I would never refuse free food" and smirked back at him who looked at her shocked.

"You and your food," he said, smilingly while shaking his head. While Kiara passed him a toothy grin and was about to turn when he suddenly held her hand turning her around at the same time.

Looking at him with her wide eyes, their heart trembling with the newfound proximity.

"Wear purple" he whispered and then left quietly.

While Kiara stood there placing a hand on her heart which was beating uncontrollably.

This man would be her death someday.

Kiara was looking through her cupboard for her clothes for the past 1 hour and she was not able to find something nice. Something nice, purple and not too shiny. She was worriedly looking through the wardrobe when his mom entered the room.

" Kiara beta woh main puchne ayi thi ki aapki university kab se start hain woh actually meri doostein apse Milna chahti thi tu maine socha kal unko lunch par invite karlu."

"Haan mom parson se join Karna hai aap kal Karlein invite, mae free hoon. Aap mujhe bata dena ki kya menu hain mae ready kar dungi."

"Arey nahi helper haina woh karlegi aap ko kitchen mein jaane ki koi zaroorat nahi hain. Wese koi help chahiye?"

His mom said, eyeing her troubled expressions.

"Woh actually Aaj mae or Pratham dinner par ja rahe hain aur usne kaha hai ke wear purple and mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha hai"

While his mom looked at her teasingly,

"Wear purple and all"

Kiara could feel her cheeks burning up, a red hue spreading on her cheeks. Moving her strand of hair behind her ear she stood there not knowing what to say.

"You two remind me of our marriage days.. I and his father"

While Kiara looked at her smilingly.

"Chalo mae tumhara help kar deti hu, or aisa tayar hona ki mera beta tum mein kho  jaaye"

While Kiara laughed at her excitement.

The two ladies searched for the perfect dress and his mom told her their marriage stories while Kiara laughed at her expressions and narrations.

Pratham entered the house excited, he had come early today as they had to go out and he was pretty excited for their date. He thought with a smile.