Chapter 17

She sat on the concrete plank on the terrace, donning a yellow shalwar kameez the chiffon dupatta pinned on her side. Her hair loosened and dangling as the wind flew. Her ear adorned with a simple flower hoop. Her mehndi clad hand was spread facing the horizon, the rich colour had been used to make beautiful designs.

"Ohh God..please let the mehndi dry quickly I am hungry"

Kiara prayed out aloud while blowing air on the Mehndi.

And someone chuckled from behind, twisting her head in that direction she spotted him, wearing a white kurta shalwar he looked radiant. A plate in his hand with a cold drink bottle in his other hand.

"Bhooki ho tum wese" he teased while walking towards the plank.

And she glared at him haughtily.

And he raised his hand in surrender. No one comments on her food.

"Aaj kya hogya hain tumhe?" She genuinely asked. While he drifted in the past, a few hours back.

Flashback

The mehndi function was on full swing, everything was so vibrant so colourful, the atmosphere echoed with their laughter, teasing and fun.

They had danced, sang and had blasted the entire hall with their antics.

He was standing at a corner talking to some waiter that an aunty came alongside a guy who looked about his age.

"Arey beta Kaise ho?" And he looked at the old woman strangely, he didn't even know her. Why is it that all desi people think that everybody will recognises them?

But still, for the respect, he answered her politely. "Mae theek aunty"

The aunty was not getting, I-don't -know-you-so-please-go, signal neither was her supposedly son picking up the hints because his eyes were adjusted on something rather someone.

"My son here has done MBA and he has a very good job. He has his own house as well. So well we were searching for a girl for marriage." She completed exhailing loudly

Do I look like a Rishta aunty?

He thought shaking his head again, still not getting what he was supposed to do.

"Did you notice that girl in purple lehenga, she is very pretty. What is her name .. please tell..so I could talk to her parents."

She pointed at someone and when his eyes trained towards a known figure. Kiara..

"Aunty she's my wife" he almost shrieked out loud. while glaring at his son who was staring at her shamefully. He would have punched him if it was not a wedding.

And they ran away instantly.

Pata nahi Kahan Kahan se ajate hain?

He thought angrily.

End of flashback

She raised her eyebrows clicking her fingers.

"kya hua no jawab," she asked him curiously. The whole latter part of the function he was sticking onto her like her shadow, holding her hand like exercising his reign. And she would be lying if she says she didn't like it.

I was making all your potential suitors run away.

He thought grumpily.

"Leave it "

And she shook her head when she glanced at the plate in his hand, filled with daal chawaal some pickle placed nearly in the corner. The food causing the already running mouse in her stomach to pick up the pace and she looked at her mehndi angrily.