Chapter 7

He entered his room tired, having an actual wedding was tiring. He was exhausted by all the work and having no brother meant he had to work on his wedding. So unfair!

But he can't let his father do all the work so he has to help him.

Their parents had fixed the wedding after a month only as if afraid that they would change their minds. We can't take risks, his mother had said, when he argued over the dates.

"And can we even argue with our parents? And the answer was No." He had chuckled thinking this.

Well, both Kiara and he wanted to have less people in their wedding...And their parents have surprisingly agreed.

----
Today was their Mehndi and it was a ladies-only function and boys especially him, the groom was not invited. Like who does this even it was their wedding not Kiara only marrying herself. He was frustrated and cranky, he wanted to go and have fun rather than sulking in the house.

"Is this the only reason?" His subconsciousness mocked.

"Okay I wanted to see her..She is my to be wife" His heart argued.

Just then his message pinged. He opened the inbox to see the message from Kiara's cousin.. it was a picture..

The picture took a while to download. While he waited patiently. Note the sarcasm.

When he finally saw her picture he was awestruck. She was beautiful but here she looked out of the world. The lemon color suiting her fair complexion. The flower jewelry added to her innocence and help radiate a distinct happy vibe. She was a sight to behold. Her hands were covered with intrinsic henna designs. She looked happy, the constant smile on her face indicated that.

He was blessed, he knew that. He thought with a smile.

Closing his phone he sat on the couch.

Someone else was supposed to be here. Someone else was supposed to dress up as his bride. Someone else was supposed to have his mehndi on her hands. Someone else was supposed to be married to him.

But then life happened and the woman who opened his heart to love was the only one to shatter it into pieces. Someone who was supposed to love him was in love with someone else and had used him mercilessly to get her better half. That someone who was enjoying with her husband, her love of life.

"How nice it would have been nah if I would have fallen in love with Kiara only and I would have never met Ashi" His heart cried.

"Why do we fall in love with people who are not supposed to be ours?" He questioned.

He knew a part of his part would always be in love with Ashi. No matter how good Kiara was, no matter how much she was better than Ashi. He can't unlove her. Nobody can ever unlove their first love. Nobody can. You can love someone after that but the first love is special. It is irreplaceable.

That day not only he lost Ashi he lost a piece of his heart as well. A part which would always be in love with her. No matter what he says, no matter how much she betrays him. That stupid part was adamant, it vowed to suffer thousands of heartbreaks but never stop loving its owner.

He sometimes thought he didn't deserve Kiara, she deserved a man who could love her, cherish her and be crazy for her. But he wanted to be selfish. He wanted to be happy. He wanted to be contented with life. He deserved happiness too. So he left everything to God and let everything happen in a flow. He was the best planner and he would set everything right.

But he promised he would cherish her, he would never hurt her. He would respect her and care for her.

His heart smiled, the sorrow fading away and content replacing it. It was their wedding tomorrow.