Chapter 6

In the morning the girls slowly gathered in the main room. Copper and Alissa were the last two to get up and as they walked through Imani and Copper made eye contact which Alissa seemed to notice.

" Finally everyone is up." Anna said. " I made a chart to circulate cooking and this morning it is Alissa and Nicki."

" Who made you the boss?" Copper asked.

Before Anna could answer Alissa butt in. " It's fine Copper, c'mon Nicki, let's go whip something up."

" Okay." Nicki said in a chipper voice and kissed Imani's cheek before running to catch up to Alissa.

Anna was in a random conversation with Ryann and Lyza was reading her book so Imani and Copper took the opportunity to go get the pills from Imani's room.

Meanwhile Alissa and Nicki had just put muffins in the oven and were now talking.

" Hey, did you notice the weird glances between Imani and Copper earlier?" Alissa asked.

" No, what glances?" Nicki asked rather innocently.

"I don't know, it could be nothing but I feel like something is up between them." Alissa said.

" I don't know, I think it's just our heads trying to mess with us maybe." Nicki said.

" Maybe, but I still think we should check it out." Alissa said.

" Okay, how? Should we like go through their stuff in our rooms? Seems a little invasive." Nicki said.

" No, that's exactly what we should do, let's go to yours first." Alissa said.

Nicki nodded in agreement and the pair left to check the rooms while the breakfast baked.

In Imani and Nicki's room, Imani has gotten out her meds.

" Okay, so here's one for you and one for me. It's not the full dose but it should help at least a bit." Imani said passing a pill to Copper and they both swallowed their pill.

" Thank you." Copper said.

" Of course, that's what friends are for." Imani said and the two hugged.

" What is going on here?" Alissa semi- yelled as her and Nicki entered the room.

In shock Imani and Copped jumped apart.

" Nothing, we were just talking." Copper said.

" That close?" Nicki said her face looking hurt. " Is something going on between you two?" She asked.

Imani and Copper looked at each other and back at their girls and broke into laughter.

" Oh my god no, that's hilarious." Imani said laughing.

" Okay, so why were you two in here alone." Alissa asked crossing her arms.

The girls stopped laughing and Copper's usual unbreakable confidence disappeared.

Copper looked at Imani and said, " I can't, can you just fill them in about everything, I just really can't. I need a minute alone."

" I don't think that's the best idea." Imani said as Copper went to leave the room and Nicki and Alissa looked insanely confused. " Nicki, can you please go with Copper so she won't be alone. I need to talk to Alissa."

Nicki nodded and followed Copper out of the room.

" Okay I don't mean to be rude but what the actual fuck is going on ?" Alissa asked.

Imani sat down and motioned for Alissa to sit too.

When she did Imani spoke. " Last night Copper came to me to talk. She wanted to speak to me because she knew I'd understand. I don't want this to worry you, but she told me that she really wanted to hurt herself, like in the way I do."