Chapter 10 ( Tw sh, throw up⚠️)

An hour after Alissa said that Nicki would be in, she was. It was about midnight at this point.

" Hey Lyza. How are you doing? You need a break? I can watch her for a bit." Nicki said.

" I'm okay. What's the update on the phone?" Lyza asked.

" Oh well I'm crossing my fingers what I did will work. It's just a waiting game now. I have to wait for the software to re-download. If it works we should be able to call out by the morning, maybe 6 am ish." Nicki said.

" Okay, that's great." Lyza said.

" Yeah, are you sure you don't need to get up or want me to bring you anything?" Nicki asked. " Cause we're all gonna try and get some sleep before the morning."

" I'm all good. I'll see you in the morning." Lyza said.

" Are you gonna get some sleep?" Nicki asked.

" I can't, but it's okay. I'll get sleep tomorrow." Lyza said.

" Okay, as soon as I'm up I'll check the phone and I'll come get you if it's ready." Nicki said. " Goodnight."

" Goodnight, thank you." Lyza said and Nicki left.

The girls all went to sleep. Copper and Alissa invited Ryanne to stay in their room because of the day they had all had, they didn't want her to be by herself.

As all the girls slept, Lyza sat up with her thoughts and would occasionally put her hand on Anna's stomach so she could feel her breath going in and out. It calmed her nerves.

Nicki awoke at around 5:30 and checked the phone. It had finished and everything looked right.

" Imani, Imani." Nicki shook Imani awake.

" Everything okay?" Imani asked groggily.

" I think it's going to work." Nicki exclaimed happily.

" Oh my god, okay I'll got wake Alissa, Copper, and Ryanne and you go to Lyza's room, we'll meet you there." Imani said.

" Okay!" Nicki said and raced to Lyza's room. Lyza was awake as she said she would be and Anna was still asleep.

" I think it'll work. We're gonna try to call." Nicki said.

" That's great." Lyza said quietly but excitedly.

She gently tapped on Anna's shoulder.

" Anna, wake up." Lyza said softly at first and increasing in volume until Anna woke up.

" Holy shit I feel like I'm gonna puke." Anna said and Nicki quickly passed her a bucket and Anna threw up in it.

" You okay?" Lyza said holding her hair back and rubbing her back.

" Yeah." Anna said.

" Here drink some water." Lyza said handing Anna a bottle off the shelf.

She had a sip and then asked Lyza if she could go back to sleep to which Lyza said yes.

A few minutes or so later the other girls came rushing in.

" Is it really gonna work?" Alissa asked nervously.

" I hope so." Nicki said. " Okay, putting it on speaker and calling 911." 

The phone rang once, then twice and before it could a third time an operator picked up the line.

" Hello, my name is Sharon, what's your emergency?" The operator asked.

" Hello. My name is Nicki and I'm being held at the New Light Community building downtown along with 6 other girls. We've been here maybe a couple weeks and can't get out. A man is keeping us here, he's off site though." Nicki said trying to remain calm as her and the other girls tried to contain their emotions.