Chapter 5

Tw in this chapter , talk of sh ⚠️, scars

"You have a kid?" Lyza repeated in question form.

" Yeah. I got pregnant at 15 and had him at 16. I have no idea if he's okay. He was supposed to be at day care, but I just don't know if he was outside or what happened to him. If he's inside he's being taken care of by a worker and I'm just so scared I won't see him again." Ryann cried . " He's only 3, my baby is probably so scared."

" Oh Ryann I'm so sorry, I had no idea. I'm sure he's okay. I wish I could tell you that I could help but there's nothing anyone can really do except be here for you. I am here for you by the way." Lyza said pulling in Ryann for a hug which she greatly welcomed.

" Thank you. Also I'm not ready to tell the others, can this stay between us." Ryann said and Lyza assured her it would.

" Want me to walk you back to your room or do you want to stay here tonight?" Lyza asked kindly.

" If it's not too much trouble , I'd rather not be alone." Ryann said and Lyza nodded making room for her to sleep.

" Good night Ryann." Lyza said .

" Good night Lyza." Ryann said and the two fell asleep.

In Imani and Nicki's room, Nicki woke up startled.

" Stop saying that , please , just leave me alone." Nicki said as she woke up in a panic which also woke Imani.

" Hey , hey , what's wrong, are you okay?" Imani asked rolling over in an instant.

" I, I'm fine, I just need to get up and just move a bit ?" Nicki said .

" Does that mean what I think it means?" Imani asked and Nicki closed her eyes and begun crying while gently nodding.

" Okay, it's okay, I got you okay. I'm here. You wanna get up? We can take a calm walk to the kitchen for some water. Would that help?" Imani asked.

" Yes please." Nicki said still in tears and Imani helped herself and Nicki out of bed before linking her arm to her.

The two started slowly walking down the hall to get to the kitchen and once there Imani had Nicki sit in a chair and sip on some water.

" Good girl, drink some more." Imani said and Nicki nodded and did as told.

Imani sat too and asked , " Do you wanna talk about what all that was from?"

" Just a bad dream." Nicki said .

" I'm sorry baby, do you want to talk about the dream? It's okay if not." Imani said.

" Um, it was about me being , uh abused by my uncle . My parents would send me over to my aunt and uncles when I was little and my aunt was almost always at work so it was just me and him. He would hit me and he made me watch inappropriate things with him on his laptop. I never told my parents, was too afraid to." Nicki said and started to cry once more .

" Thats awful Nicki, I'm so terribly sorry that happened to you. I'm here for you. Whatever you need I'm here, just say the words." Imani said soothingly.

" Hold me . Please." Nicki said and Imani instantly did just that.

" You're safe here, with me." Imani said and kissed Nicki's forehead . " I won't let any harm come to you."

" You promise?" Nicki asked.

" I promise baby, I promise." Imani said . " Whenever you want to go back to bed you tell me, okay and I'll carry you back."