Chapter 4

22:33 | August 22 - Alessia

Hackett's Quarry Camp Poolhouse

Alessia was sitting against the wall when Ryan walked over to her, "Are you doing okay?"

Alessia nodded her head, "I mean I'm doing as good as good can get. I still can't believe that Kaylee is gone."

"When I went with Dylan to the radio station and I found this," Ryan pulled out a piece of paper.

-----

[Hidden Agenda Collection Clue 4 - Postcard] - 

June 25 

Hey Allie, 

Dad just told me that you're coming back to work this summer at the camp. That is so exciting! Caleb and I can't wait to see you. A lot has happened in six years and it would be cool to catch up. Definitely let me know if you're planning to stay with us or not. I think it would mean a lot to dad if you did, he even saved your old room.

See you soon little sis, Kaylee.

-----

Alessia accepted the postcard, "I remember she was so excited that I was coming back."

"The postcard mentioned that you used to live with Chris and his family six years ago. Kaylee even referred to you as her little sister. Are you two related?" Ryan asked her.

Out of all the counsellors, Ryan was the closest to Chris and his family. He got along with Kaylee and Caleb and Alessia felt she could trust him with her secret.

"Not by blood. Chris adopted me into his family when I was a kid with nowhere to go. For a few years I went by Alessia Hackett," Alessia revealed.

Ryan didn't say anything, but she knew he had heard her.

"What made you leave?"

Alessia flinched and then found an answer, "Let's just say something happened that caused me to want a fresh start elsewhere. I returned to being Alessia Sullivan to separate myself from Chris and his family. To be honest, the only reason I'm back here is because Chris begged me to since you guys were short staffed. The real reason you guys have seen him try to get close to me is he wants to repair our broken bond, something I'm not willing to do. There's just too many bad memories. With Kaylee now gone, that further adds fuels to the flame."

Alessia took a deep breath, "Promise you won't tell the others about my relation to Chris."

Ryan nodded his head and Alessia looked away. Before Ryan could ask further, the sound of a gunshot followed by Abi flying to the wall caused everyone to be alert. Nick was on his feet and his eyes were black. Nick was eying Abi like a predator would their prey.

"Abi!" Alessia ran over to her friend, her brown eyes hardening their glare towards Nick, "Nick, what the hell?"

Abi was shaking and horrified by what she had done, "No!"

To everyone's horror, blood burst out and stained Abi and Alessia's faces. Where Nick used to stand was the reappearance of the beast that Alessia feared. Never witnessing them transform, she resisted the urge to vomit. Nick had transformed into a werewolf.

Werewolf Nick was hissing violently. Briefly, his soulless eyes found Alessia's and for a quick second, he seemed to falter. A second later, he jumped out of the window and ran off into the woods. His piercing howls filling the night.