꧁Chapter 13- A Lovely Dream

Being thrown into the wall took the air out of my lungs so after coughing I can speak up finally. "I'm fine! Go fight I'll be ok Tanjiro!" I get up and he nods and returns to battle.

 "I'm fine! Go fight I'll be ok Tanjiro!" I get up and he nods and returns to battle

(Y/N)'s POV:

"I should have used the first form.. gah I'm so dumb! This should be too easy for me I'm a hashira!" I think to myself as I get ready to continue fighting.

Kyojuro leaps forward and uses one of his forms, fire immediately bursts out of his sword as the demon's neck gets cut off, it's body falling and turning to ash.

Tanjiro speaks up. "That.. that was.. awesome, big bro!! Epic swordsmanship! Please make me your disciple!" He burst out as Kyojuro puts his sword away.

"Sure thing! I'll make you a fine swordsman." Kyojuro says in reply before Zenitsu and Inosuke join in. "Me too!" Zenitsu says, "Me three" Inosuke shouts after.

"I'll look after all of you!" Kyojuro says, standing with a proud look on his face as the three surround him and start chanting "big bro Rengoku", Kyojuro laughs but I can't help but notice how happy Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke look as they shout "Yay!".

I laugh a little and look at Muichiro, he looks unamused and that makes me giggle more. "They're goofy but it's kinda funny, don't you agree?" He looks at me and slightly smiles, before nodding.

We all go back to our seats, the same set up as before, Zenitsu and Inosuke in the left aisle, Kyojuro and Tanjiro in the right along with Muichiro and I, I sat beside Muichiro across from Tanjiro and Kyojuro.

Everyone but myself have fallen asleep, everyone else in the cart was also asleep. I was having a hard time letting sleep take over me. I felt sleepy but not enough to fall asleep. I look over everyone, Inosuke was sprawled over Zenitsu as they slept, Tanjiro and Kyojuro were both using eachother as a pillow basically, and Muichiro was slightly leaning on me, basically using me as a pillow, it made me feel happy in a way, I don't know why.

I decided I should at least try to fall asleep cause I started feeling more tired each minute. I close my eyes and almost immediately I feel the relief of sleep wash over me.

. . .

I open my eyes to the familiar smell of charcoal being made, it was cold out and I realize in laying in the snow, I saw snow gently falling from the sky. I sit up and look around. I was still in my uniform but how did I get here? Where did the others go?

I stand up and look around, it was silent. I was in a forest during winter, that's what I could tell from my surroundings. Suddenly there's a noise.

The crunch of snow.

I turn around drawing my sword to be ready for a demon, but all I see.. Takeo, Hanako, and Shirgeru, playing in the snow. I drop my sword. Is this a dream? Are they really here? The look over at me. I drop my sword, forgetting about everything else that's happened.