Chapter 1

If only I'd been better prepared, I wouldn't have found myself hiding behind the kitchen counter while a woman walked around with a bloody hatchet. "Come out babe, you know there's nothing else I want to do but protect you, and keep you with me Aria. You knew all along that it was supposed to be us. Tiara never wanted you the way I wanted you. I apologize for lying to you about everything, but I did it for us, and you know that.
Trina didn't deserve you, and Gema was never there for you like how I was. I should've come clean about everything. We can be together forever, and you know I'll keep you safe."
Looking around, I see a flash , this was my way out, loading the gun quickly, I look around, and it's quiet, Mary had heard the gun. Taking a breath and looking up, an axe flying at my face and the gun held up, pulling the trigger with a loud
*BANG*
*BEEP**BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*MONDAY
Shooting up from the bed, the alarm clock is going crazy, hitting the button to turn it off. "Uggghhh. This is my last semester of college, finally I can be done with this nightmare."
"Aria, get up, because if you miss your exams and you fail, you don't wanna take out a loan to pay for the same class. Up and at 'em!"
"Yes ma'am."
1 hour later
Another beep goes by as the pieces of bread pop from the top of the toaster. "When are you gonna bring home a man?""What do you mean?" "I haven't seen you with a boyfriend since your Junior year of Highschool."
"That was back when I was with Geno. Relationships aren't my priority as of now and you know that. Don't bring up Geno either, we're done, and he's out." "At least his sister was nice, she's the only one out of those 2 worth missing, by the way, this came for you in the mail box." "Thanks, I'll have to read it later,but right now I gotta go."
Rushing out the door keys in hand, ready to get the day over it.
After 15 minute drive
"Another day for this dummy." "Hey Aria! Going my way?" "1, please don't scream. 2, good morning Trina, 3 Yes, I could use some caffeine in my system, so lets get some coffee, my hair gave me a hard time this morning.

*At the cafe*
"That's on me for not putting it in twists." "Ha, glad I got this headband wig, I just toss on the wig cap and keep it pushing. "I know thas right, oh it's almost our turn." "Hello~ How may I help you ma'am." I reach into my bag grabbing my wallet, "May I have a large iced coffee with light cream please." Tapping your card against the scanner when she says your total. "May I have a name?" You look at the Barista, your eyes accidentally catching hers, and a small smile slides onto her face. "Aria." "That's a nice name you know, it suits you"
"Sorry, I look nothing like my name, but thank you so much." You look at her name tag. "Mary, you also have a nice name." A small smile grazes your face as you see her look down and smile while pushing up her glasses. "Mary kindly stop flirting please." A voice chimes in. You look behind Mary and see a woman with braids and her arms crossed. You give Mary an apologetic glance and go off to wait.

"Aria!" You walked to the counter, Mary holding your drink in hand. "Here you go." "Thank you Mary." She peeks behind her and notices her manager is gone. "I'm sorry but I like the way my name rolls off your tongue, the way you say it just gives it a nice ring." She tucks a piece of hair behind her ear and gives off the cutest smile. A devlish look flicks through Aria's eyes and she motions the smiling girl to lean in close. She whispers to her, "Mary, if you haven't left your number on the cup, I suggest you do it now before I leave, no?" "For sure." She takes the cup and writes her number on it, Aria takes a nice long swig. "By the way Mary, you make a mean coffee."

Giving her one last wink and heading for the door, Aria didn't notice that no sooner had she left that Trina had grabbed Mary by the collar of her shirt and was giving her a piece of her mind. "Aria is mine, you're nothing but a stupid barista, and that's all you are to Aria. She. Belongs.To Me, so stay in your lane and out of mine and Aria's. From her beautiful skin to every coil on her head, she is mine." She shoves Mary back over the counter before rushing outside to catch up to you, by then Mary's number was already dialed in her phone, a satisfied smile on your face from the coffee.

"You know that baristas aren't loyal, you don't know how many other people she gave her number to." "Why are you so upset?" "I just don't want you to get hurt, we're supposed to be best friends, and I can't have you getting hurt by a bitch that will jump ship as soon as she sees someone hotter." "Thanks for looking out for me Trina, but you know I can handle myself, I'm an adult." Throwing a smile at her and the both women head off towards the university building to start their classes.