xi. hotter than phoebe cates

☆★☆★→ ←☆★☆★

☆★☆★→ ←☆★☆★

"GOOD MORNING, boys." gushed Joyce happily as she looked around, coming in through the front door with El not far behind. "El is here."

"Hey, El." the boys said in unison. Josh was more groggy than usual— Will had woken him up at 5:30, saying it wasn't technically seven.

"How was... movie?" asked El slowly as she sat down beside Josh, grabbing a bowl of Cheerios to eat like the other boys.

"Good." said Josh, pouring some milk into his bowl as Will whined about him hoarding it all. El smiled joyously at their argument— she thought it was hilarious. "I think it would've scared you."

El shrugged. Sometimes she watched horror movies with Hopper, although when the people jumped out, it made her heart jump as well. She didn't expect it, and she didn't like it. It was safe to say horror movies weren't her favorites.

"Who's going today?" asked Will, his eyes on the newspaper laying on the table. There was nothing interesting in it— he was wasting his own time.

"Us, Mike, Lucas, Max-"

El made a noise of disapproval. The other boys turned to look at her, glancing swiftly at one another before frowning at her.

"Okay, what do you have against Max?" Josh asked slowly. "I mean, she's annoying as all hell, sure, but you guys haven't ever spoken-"

"I saw her and Mike." El told them quietly, looking away. "At the gym. You were looking for the dog."

"Oh, El." Will said, grinning mischievously. "Don't worry about Max and Mike. Max likes Josh."

"No, she doesn't!" growled Josh, leaning towards Will so that El couldn't hear him.

"And Josh likes Max!" Will continued excitedly, noticing the happy look on El's face.

"You have a... crush on her?" El asked cheerfully. "Are you like me and Mike?" Josh flipped Will off from across the table. "What does that mean?"

"Okay, we don't have much time," said Josh, ending the conversation and shoveling more cereal into his mouth as he spoke, making El flinch back, afraid that he'd spit it in her face, "El, you can ride with me on my bike. When we get there-"

"I need to use my powers." finished El with a small nod as she pushed the bowl of cereal away from her. "Yes, Mike tried to explain it."

"'Tried'?" repeated Will, curious, as he looked up at El from the cereal he was devouring. Josh motioned above his lip, silently telling Will he had a milkstache. Will brought his arm up to his mouth and swept it across, getting rid of the milk.