iii. halloween in hawkins

☆★☆★→ ←☆★☆★

☆★☆★→ ←☆★☆★

THE REST of the party had begged Josh to dress up, although he declined every time. No way in hell was the boy wearing a Ghostbusters costume to school— as if they weren't bullied enough. Josh was actively trying to escape that, and he was assuming everyone else was growing up just as fast as he was.

"Nice costume, nerd." laughed Josh as he saw Lucas riding up next to him. The latter rolled his eyes, ignoring Josh's insult.

"Oh, please. You wish you had this costume." he motioned to himself, nearly tipping his bike over as he grabbed the handles again, his eyes widening in fear. This only made Josh laugh louder.

It wasn't long before they met up with Dustin and Mike, wearing costumes identical to Lucas'. When they neared the school, they began singing and humming the theme song. Josh tried groaning loudly to get them to shut up, although it was useless.

They chained their bikes, finishing up the theme song as Will came up behind them, grinning at his friends. He, too, was wearing a Ghostbusters costume.

"Hey, Spengler!" shouted Mike happily, turning around and waving at Will.

"Egon!" yelled Lucas excitedly, hugging Will. They couldn't get very close, however, because they couldn't wrap their arms around the proton packs on the other's back.

"Venkman!" cheered Will in response, much to Mike's dismay. Josh almost found amusement in the way his face fell.

"Woah, woah." Mike halted Lucas, pushing him back and making the smile disappear off his face.

"What?" demanded Lucas breathlessly, narrowing his eyes at Mike.

"Why are you Venkman?" the slightly shorter boy demanded, the wind pushing his black hair into his face and making him splutter.

"Because I'm Venkman." shrugged Lucas casually, wanting to get past the issue.

"No, I'm Venkman." disputed Mike, pointing at himself.

"Why can't there just be two Venkmans?" asked Will, looking between his two friends, and Josh nodded in agreement. It was a stupid argument— nobody would care enough to look at the name tags and question why two of the boys were the same character.

"Because there's only one Venkman in real life." explained Mike, becoming distressed at the situation at hand. "We planned this months ago. I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stantz, you're Egon, and you're Winston."

"I specifically didn't agree to Winston." said Lucas irritably.

"Yes, you did!" snapped Mike, leaning forward.