Chapter 1 ( a little bit of 🔪 )

Little Mans POV

I stepped outside of the small run-down house we were living in and sat on the edge of one of the few stairs that led to the gravel driveway. I admired the sunset, but still kept a hand in my pocket where my pocketknife was kept, in case any threat were to leap out at me. It was hard to relax when you could be attacked and eaten by zombies at any moment. I tried to think about my life before this crazy apocalypse struck earth, but it feels too far back to remember. 

I heard the door creak open behind me and I quickly turned around and pulled out my pocketknife, only to realize it was just Bob. "Hey buddy, what're ya doing out here? 'Tryin get eaten by zombies or 'somethin?" He joked. I rolled my eyes. I knew he was just trying to lighten the mood, but it didn't help. "What do you want, Bob?" I asked with an annoyed tone. He sat down next to me and sighed. "'Nothin. Just wanted to check up on ya. That's what friends do, y'know?" I scoffed. Before this apocalypse, Bob was the type of person to never care for his friend's unless it was Opheebop, now all of a sudden he's up me and Ron's ass about "Keeping ourselves safe". I know that Ron isn't the type to take Bob's words into consideration, especially after everything that he's done to him, but sometimes I do wonder if I should listen to Bob's words for once.

"Little Man? Ya there? Earth to Little Man!" Bob's words snapped me out of my thoughts and pulled me back into reality. "S-Sorry. I'm fine. I'm gonna go inside and lay down for a few." Bob nodded and helped me up the stairs and to open the door, before going back to sitting where he was. I closed the door with a sigh, looking at the living room like I've never seen this place in my life. As I walked by the rooms, I stopped at the foot of Ron's room. He was on his bed reading some stupid comics like he always does. His walls were full of posters that we're tattered and worn and it was pretty bare bones compared to the rest of our rooms. Ron was tapping his foot on the ground, which was a noise that always annoyed me, but for once I didn't yell at him about it because for the first time in weeks, I saw a smile across his face.

--------------------------------------------

AHHH sorry for such a short first chapter! I'll write a longer one later/tomorrow I promise!

442 Words