Chapter 26

Chapter 26: The past

A COUPLE having a small picnic under the tree, facing the river. Spending their time together in a peaceful place, just the two of them.

It seems unreal for Zereah to watch her parents together.

Wala sa sariling tumulo ang mga luha niya habang pinagmamasdan ang mga ito. Kahit manlang dito ay maranasan niyang makasama ang mga magulang niya na simula pagkapanganak ay hindi na niya nasilayan.

Mas lalo pa siyang napa iyak ng makita ang umbok ng tiyan ng ina niya.

They look happy together as if there's no problem. Her father is hugging her mom from behind, while her mom is leaning her back on his father's chest. It is a sentimental view for her to see her parents in peace. She walks toward them and sits down beside them even though they can't see or hear her.

"Can you feel her, love?" her mom asked as she placed her father's hand on her mom's belly.

He chuckled and caressed it, "She's a good kicker. Soon when she grows up, she can kick every man that will hurt her"

But Hades didn't hurt her.

But her mom just snorted "Or she'll kick you instead"

"Nope. She will love me and won't bully me like her mom"

Zereah chuckled at her parents' sweet bickering with each other. Yes, she finds it kinda cringe but at the same time, it's cute.

Her mom just rolled her eyes "Yeah right"

"Don't just roll your eyes on me, I can't hold it back so shut up, baby" her dad said with a little bit of tone.

Her mom gasped and immediately turn to her father with a glare on her face. Napatawa naman siya sa naging reaksiyon ng ina dahil sa sinabi ng kaniyang ama. Her mom slightly slapped her father's arm but her father just chuckled, wrapped his arms around her mom's waist, and buried his face in her mom's neck.

"Did you just say those words, Mr.? Repeat that" her mom said in disbelief

Her father just chuckled "I'm just kidding and no I won't say it again. Ayokong matulog sa labas. It's almost winter and I want to cuddle with you under our blanket"

Her mom pouted and embrace her father "Maswerte ka, hindi ako makatulog ng hindi ka katabi"

When she was still carrying the twin in her belly, every night she will cry and wish that Hades was on her side but her head didn't listen to her heart, as she don't want to go back to the Agartha. Maybe this time, she can feel Hades's warmth.

She was coward, afraid of finding the truth even she already knew it. Ayaw niyang tanggapin nung una dahil hindi niya matanggap pero matapos ang halos tatlong taon ay unti unti na niyang natatanggap ang nangyari sa mga ito.

What makes her didn't go back is the fear that Hades might be mad at her. Yes, it was a lame excuse but she has no strength in facing him. But knowing Hades was looking for her for almost a decade, ease her worries.

Wala sa sariling napahawak siya sa sarili niyang tiyan.

Just wait a little bit longer. It will end soon.

Before she could react, it happened again. Now they were inside the throne room, her parents were at the side of the Queen while in front of them is a woman on her knees. As she realize it was the woman at the beach!

She gasped as if she understand what was going on. Agad niyang inilbot ang paningin niya at nag babakasakali na naroroon ang tiyuhin niya pero wala it doon.