Chapter: 3 part 2

Harley Rykers pov:

    I fly into my room once again and soak in a hot bubble bath. I work on scrubbing my wings and just relaxing.

     It's been a long few days. I've gone against rules, almost kissed somebody, rescued a Fallen Angel, snuck out, and gone against my parent's wishes. I did all that, and yet I feel the best I have ever felt before.

      I quickly get dressed and open my door to head downstairs. "Hello sister," Zane states as he walks into my room with a grown. "I was just coming down to eat," I state calmly. "I came into your room earlier today. You weren't here, where we're you?" He asks.

      "I was practicing fighting in a forest away from everybody else. I just needed somewhere to be alone. I have a lot of pressure one right now." I sigh as my eyes get watery. It's not all a lie most of it's true. I do have a lot of pressure on me right now and it's killing me, that's why I left.

     He brings me into a quick hug and I hug him back. "It's gonna be okay." He says calmly. "I know," I say with a sigh. "But, when you are ready to tell me the whole truth of where you've been, I'll be here." He chuckles leaving the room. "Zane!, Zane!" I yell as he shuts the door behind him.

       "Crap!," I whisper to myself. I quickly open the door and run out after him, yelling his name as I come to the dinner table.

       "What's on earth are you yelling about?" My dad says. I quickly stand up straighter and sit down in my seat. "Nothing, I was just going to ask him a few questions about training." I quickly state as Zane looks at me with a smirk.

       "Oh, that's great. You must've been busy since you missed lunch." My mom states. I almost spit the water out of my mouth. I didn't even realize I missed lunch. "Y-yeah I was. I learned a few new things." I quickly say.

        Zane looks at me worried as my parent's faces grow suspicious. "I teachd her a few things. She's doing great." Zane says changing his eye contact with my parents.

       "Wonderful, perhaps you could show us what you've learned tomorrow before lunch. That's is if you can make it." My dad says. "Yes, of course, I can make it." I glance over at Zane. "I will show you what I've learned," I state.

        My mom smiles. "See honey; she's doing great." My mom smiles.

     I know it seems like my dad is just angry all the time, and maybe he is. But you can't blame him, he lost his youngest son. The truth is he blames it on himself, he thinks he wasn't hard enough on him. Which led him to not be able to protect himself. If my dad found out I was anywhere near Fallen Angels myself, he would kill me.

     If he found out I liked one, I don't know what would happen. Maybe he'd throw me in with the Fallen Angels, lock me up, or keep me away. I have no idea, nor do I want to find out.

       After dinner, I head upstairs to our private fighting room. I open the rusty dark blue door and step inside on the creaky boards, and glide myself in the pitch black. My hands start gliding on the walls until my finger hits what feels like a switch. I quickly flick it on, "boom," I jump and turn around to see...nothing.

        I take a deep breath and put on my playlist.  The first song is "parents - by youngblood." There's something about this song that gives me goosebumps, like a sense of freedom. It makes me feel like I can do anything, no matter what others think.

        "My high hopes are getting low because these people are so old. The way they think about it all if I didn't try I would never know." I sing out to myself as I turn the music up.

          My mind crosses to everything that has been making me mad. I start punching the bag and doing a few tricks that I use to see my brother do. Upper punch, left, right, dodge, and repeat.

          My parents are so annoying, everything has to be their way are it's wrong. My brother is always smart and suspicious but he does help me when I need it. My little sister is so annoying and stubborn, but I love her. But most of all I feel a huge emotion towards Blaze. Not anger, not madness, not sadness. I'm not sure what it is, but she's always on my mind.

         "Parents arnt always right." I sing along to the song once more. I get tired of being perfect, doing exactly what they say, plastering a smile on my face, and acting like I have everything under control. I hate it, I hate acting like someone I'm not.

            After about 2 hours of hitting, punching, dodging, kicking, and sweating I sit down and lay my head on the dark burgundy wall. I notice how worn out the paint is on the walls. How the picture frames are dented, scratches, or partly broken. Then I notice the one small picture frame in the middle. That picture frame is perfect, it's not messed up and it's perfectly straight. The picture inside it is of a small girl. She has short blond hair, and she's posing with a small sword. She has a huge smile on her face with her two front teeth missing.

           I laugh at the thought of that day. I was so little, I was so kind, I had big dreams and I didn't have to pretend to be perfect. But most of all I was just a kid, and that kid still had their little brother with her. He was my partner and crime, we did everything together. Of course, the one person that got me had to die.

            It took me a minute to notice the dribbles of water streaming down my cheeks. I looked at my hands to see them a little busted, bruised, and bloody. A chuckle escapes my mouth, that's what I get for not using boxing gloves. I don't care about the blood, the tears, or the pain. I kinda like it, the pain. Something about it just gives me a sense of relief.

            I take a deep breath and place my head in between my knees. My blond hair takes up the space around me as I sit there in quietness. The swaying of the punching bag squeaks a few times back and forth, filling the brutal silence. Leaving me stranded and alone.