001

HELLFIRE BITCHES!

HELLFIRE BITCHES!

chapter one

Dear Diary,
The guidance counselor told me to write down what I was thinking in this, so here I fucking am. I'm Lily Munson. I'm poor. I live in a trailer park. I never met my real father since it was a one-night stand, which is why I'm confused my mom and stepdad never divorced. But that's beside the point. I moved to Hawkins a couple of years ago with my half-brother Eddie, and my Uncle Wayne.

Uncle Wayne had decided he wanted to move back to his hometown so me and Eddie could have a fresh start after our parents got in a car crash and passed.

I don't like to say they died, it feels, gross. It's my fault they passed anyways, so I don't really like to talk about it.

But I do like to talk about how my best friend Jacob is madly in love with Stanley Buckley who is rumored to be dating Will Byers. It's surprising, high school isn't as homophobic as middle school. Nobody really calls anyone fairies or fags anymore, nobody even cares. Everyone here is just trying to get by without being cursed by the strange events that happen in this town.

But that's not what I wanna talk about. I wanna talk about how I stupidly signed up for my brother's D&D club that starts today. I mean, Eddie begged me to join, but I didn't because of him. It's because Jacob signed up, and if he spent every day after school at D&D I would have literally nothing to do. God, I need more friends.

But you know what's crazy? Even though Eddie is my brother, I've never played D&D once. Oh god am I so fucking screwed. Eddie is gonna embarrass me in front of everyone! You have no idea how much I want to jump off a cliff right now. I shouldn't have signed up for this stupid club.
Okay, this was stupid.  Bye diary.

- lily fucking munson!!

Lily closes the diary with the ugliest font of her initial 'L.' Then hopped off her twin-sized bed.

She'd been going to guidance lately since the trauma of her parent's death was creeping into her dreams. So that's why she had to log in to the diary. Lily Munson would never be caught dead writing in a diary.

Lily threw on the ugly baseball t-shirt with the D&D club logo on it over her tank top, pairing it with one of her brother's old black jeans he gave her. The club was tonight, right after school so she had to wear the shirt to school, which was the most embarrassing thing ever. But she also didn't even care, she wasn't popular. Nobody even looked at her, she just kinda blended in. But she was okay with that. She didn't care about having a boyfriend since all the guys at her school were flaming imbeciles. Her top priority was graduating and getting to go to a good college that wasn't in Hawkins.