005

BASKETBALL & CHEER!

BASKETBALL & CHEER!

chapter five

Dear diary, did I forget to tell you I'm a cheerleader? Well I am now, and yep, i'm a cheerleader. Basic, I know. But, It's my sport, and I love it. The girls on the team are super sweet. My favorite member is Stacy, Stacy Adams. She has a the prettiest red hair ever, sorta reminds me of my neighbor Max. It's cut super short, but I like how it curls at the end. Sorry that's besides the point. Yup, I'm a cheerleader, and yup, I walked home with none other than THE Michael Wheeler. I don't wanna go into details about what happened because I can't exactly process it. All I know is I got invited to the basketball game as a plus one (Platonically) with Mike, but I told him I'm a cheerleader so I'll be in the crowds. Kinda hurts he hasn't seen me in the crowds before this, am I invisible to others? Whatever.

              — Lily

Lily closed her notebook and began to go over her cheer in the mirror before getting interrupted by a creaking door opening.

"Sorry I can't go." Her brother says with a playful frown growing on his face while he leans his body against her doorframe.

Lily tightens her ponytail then turns to him. "It's alright, my friends are going to cheer me on."

"That Mikey boy in my club?" He asks.

"What are you talking about?"

  "I saw him walk you home last night Lily."

——

  Lily had never been so nervous for a game before. She searched the crowds for one face and one face only. Michael Wheeler. She needed her best friend their to watch her, it was her first time ever having a best friend.

  When the boy walks in he goes in the middle of the bleachers, a perfect spot to see Lily clearly. When Dustin walks in he waves for him to sit with him; Max walks in not even 10 seconds later and follows.

  Lily craves Mike to make eye contact with her so she can mouth "Hey", or anything. Then he does, and he smiles, and just before she can say anything, the timer goes off to start the game. They both roll their eyes and turn to the game.

A/N -

yeah so i'm back kinda 🤷‍♀️

387 words.

I'm tired of this book so i'll prob create a new one soon i wanna restart