003

MILKSHAKES!

MILKSHAKES!

chapter three

  The friends entered the dinner after cramming through the door. Lily was unluckily next to Mike who was wearing too much cologne. The smell burned Lily's nose and she couldn't help but point it out, "did you fall into a bath of cologne?"

  Mike rapidly grabbed his shirt, lifting it up to his nose. Getting a good whiff, he scrunched his face together. Yikes.

  "There's a new milkshake," Mike exclaimed like a child, trying to take the attention off of his smell.

  "It's birthday cake, who wants one?" Stanley began.

  Getting Lily's attention, "I love birthday cake!" Embarrassed of her childish behavior, motioned her head to the ground so she could hide her embarrassment.

  Mike let out a chuckle, "me too, I'll get you one." He reached his hand out to the cashier, handing her a crisp 20-dollar bill.

  Handing him his change back she states, "It'll be ready in just a moment." 

  The group of teens in the D&D club all walked over to a table, jamming into the small booth in the corner of the local dinner.

  "Cozy," Stanley said sarcastically as a way to ease the tension between him and Jacob. Stanley was aware of Jacobs's crush on him, but he didn't say anything about it.

Mike was directly across from Lily. Destined to look at each other. Eye contact made Lily super uncomfortable, but something in Mike's eyes comforted her? It sorta grossed her out, you know, the idea of romance with Micheal Wheeler.

  "Sorry to interrupt." The kind lady who worked at the dinner put it. Everyone at the table went silent as they turned their attention to her yellow dress and white apron. "We only have the ingredients for one Birthday cake milkshake left. Would you like me to make you another kind of-"

  Mike cut the lady off, basically shouting, "Nope, it's okay, just the one. But bring two straws."

  Lily's eyes widened, slowly, she turned her head to Mike. "What the fuck Wheeler?" She spoke quietly in an angry tone. She would have taken a chocolate milkshake. Mike grew a smug smile across his lips.

  "You'll be fine Lillian Munson, we can just split it, we ain't got money for anything else anyways."

  — Just a few moments later, a waitress came back with a tray of all their milkshakes, and a platter of fries that Stanley ordered so everyone could dip them in their milkshakes.  It seemed the waitress had known Mike because she gave him a small wink just before setting the Birthday cake milkshake in between the two 'friends.'

  Stanley and Jacob who were sitting just next to each other in the booth began to let out small giggles as they looked at Mike and Lily.

  "What's so fucking funny dickwad?" Lily spoke.

  "Oh, nothing!"

  Lily set her straw into the milkshake just before Mike. Taking a big gulp, her face lit up. "That is fucking delicious! Mike, you gotta try this!"

  Mike grabbed the glass, pulling it closer to his chest. Taking a sip, he nodded his head. "Holy shit!" Mike exclaimed dragging on the 'Holy.'

——

  Lily searched around the diner in search of her friend Jacob who was her ride home. She span around to face the window where Jakes's car was. And there he was, sitting in his dads musty old car, making out with Spencer. Oh great. Lily was happy for Jacob, don't get her wrong. But how the fuck was she supposed to get home now?

She turned back around and there she saw Mike Wheeler sitting in a booth half asleep.

"Hey Mike," said Lily. She took a seat right next to him, startling him awake.

Rubbing his eyes to focus back, he spoke "Hey...?"

"I don't have a ride."

"Me neither. Do you wanna, maybe? Walk home with me? Or I can walk home with you?" Mike offered.

"Yeah, Yeah sure!"

A/N

this is unedited but i'll edit it soon!!

sry super short chapter,
669 words

CREDITS TO unreeeeal FOR THE IDEA!!