002

BOWLING!

BOWLING!

chapter two

The sound of an alarm clock filled Lily's room, waking her up from her deep sleep. Her foot was hanging off the bed, with her sheets all torn down at the end of her bed. She had nothing but an oversized t-shirt on that covered her underwear.

"Ugh!" Lily spoke to herself, "It's fucking Saturday!" She slammed her hand down on the alarm clock, getting a glimpse of it with the time,

10:46
on it.

"Ahh shit! Why am I always late to everything!"

She sprung out of her messy bed and ran over to her wardrobe that had posters surrounding it. Throwing clothes all around her room trying to find anything that would look good. She had planned to hang out with Jacob today since yesterday was stupid D&D again. Which, Lily and Mike still hated each other, they just chose not to show it.

She threw on a pair of baggy blue jeans with holes in the knees, and a T-shirt with her brother's band on it. She ran out of her bedroom and into the kitchen where her uncle was sitting reading the newspaper. As he took a sip of coffee he asked the girl, "where are you going? This is early for Lillian Munson!"

She tied her big black combat boots, then got up from her seat on the ground. "Jacob and I are going somewhere. I think we're going bowling!" Lily answered.

She ran over to her uncle, setting a light kiss on his cheek, just before running outside.

When she walked out, Jacob still wasn't there, so she decided to talk to the friendly red-headed girl next door who was outside feeding her dog.

"Hey!" Lily spoke, startling the girl.

"Ah, shit!" Max shouted as she fell to her butt. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see you there."

Lily chuckled, "no it's my fault!" She held a hand out for Max, pulling the girl up. "I'm Lily."

"Max. And this is my shit head of a dog Billy!" She responded, pointing out her dog. He was barking a lot, Lily assumed he wanted more of the food since she had cut him off.

Lily began in a babyish voice, "hey Billy!" She put her hand in the cage, barely petting the top of his head.

"I've seen your skateboard, you're really good!" Lily added. She stopped petting the dog leaving him whimpering for more, hurting Lily and Max just a bit.

Max chuckled, "thanks! So, you skateboard?"

"I longboard, the same thing kinda."

The gravel next to Max's trailer started rumbling, the girls turning their heads. "Hey ladies!" Jacob said rolling down the car window.

Max started bursting out laughing, "Sick ride!"

"I know right!" Jacob gleamed as she set the gears of his car in park. Lily ran over to the passenger side door, hoping in.

"Bye Max!" The friends both called, waving their hands before driving off.

——

"It's boring bowling with just us," Jacob acknowledged, "so I invited a few friends from D&D...."

Lily smacked his hand that was on the steering wheel. "You're kidding! Those guys hate me!"

"That's why I only invited the nice ones!" Jacob assured her. He pulled the keys out of the car as he parked it in front of the bowling alley. "So like, Stanley Buckley, Dustin Henderson, and the Gareth kid!"

Lily rolled her eyes, unbuckling her seat belt. "They don't like me!" Lily complained.

"Well, that sucks since they're already here!"

"Jacob you ass!"

——

Lily rolled the size 4 bowling ball on the slick platform. "Boom!" Lily exclaimed as the pins cluttered together, falling all around.

"You're great Lillian!" Dustin flirted, his arm against the pillared that divided the lanes.

"It's Lily." She barked back. She turned back around to the group of boys who sat waiting for their next turn.

She took a seat next to Stanley who she had grown to like over the last few days of Hellfire. He was the one who talked to her when Jacob was off flirting with some straight guy he was convinced was gay.

"Lily your arm is fucking mint, you've gotten 3 strikes in a row. No way you're not winning!" He exclaimed with his hand out for a high-five. She smacked his hand with a smile growing on her face.

"Thanks, man!"

She turned her head to face the entrance of the bowling alley, where a familiar head of raven hair was grabbing shoes. "Oh, you're kidding me!" Lily whined. She pointed her finger to the boy for Stanley who let out a nervous laugh.

"Lily, I kind of invited him..."

Lily's jaw dropped, "oh you little shithead!" She set her fingers in between his curly hair, ruffling them as a joke.

"I thought y'all made up! He said you did! He just acts like that when he lik- When he wants to be someone's friend." Stan corrected.

Lily whined, "I don't wanna be his friend, he's an ass! But I forgive you, shithead." 

They sat in silence for a few moments before Dustin interrupted it, "so... you guys wanna go get milkshakes?"

——

a/n :

this whole chapter was just to set up the next one 😃 but i wanna make
max and lily something bc they r my bi queens but that also may be stupid anyways thx for reading slayers!!

i also decided to make dustin like lily like he did in my old book

941 words!!

oh btw i still don't have grammarly so ima jump of a cliff