004

A CHAT ON THE WALK HOME!

chapter four

  "I'm freezing!" Lily spoke as her and Mike walked out of the Diner. Lily had been having a hard last 25 minutes.

A smug smile grew across his lips as she complained about the temperature. It was fall, of course it would be cold. Felt silly she hadn't prepared. "What do you want, my jacket?" he jokingly offered.

"Yeah that would be great." Lily mocked. She didn't take it seriously at first. She thought, maybe it was a joke, he is pretty stupid. But next thing she knew Mike was taking off his oversized jean jacket. Leaving his blue button up showing. God, his fashion sense was terrible, yet nobody ever questioned it, or told him how embarrassing he looked. But yet, she still thought he looked good.

Gross.

Lily took the jacket out of Mike's hands then began to put it on herself. The warmth of the jean jacket comforted her, she didn't feel this often with new people. "Nice jacket Mike."

  Mike scoffed, "Thanks, Lily?"

  The two of them continued walking on the pitch black road with a couple of street lights here and there. It was so quite between the two that you could hear crickets from miles away. Mike didn't like it, he wanted to make a move? No. He wanted to be her friend. This –This weird
frenemy stage they were in. No, he didn't like it. Not one bit. He wanted to say something to ease the tension in the silence between them, something to make them friends, anything. "So, what sports you play?"

"I'm a cheerleader, if you count that as a sport."

Mike shook his head in disbelief, "You! Lillian Munson are a cheerleader!" Lily had a grudge style, not like most cheerleaders. Or the cheerleader stereotype–Mike grew up knowing. So, cheerleading was the last sport he excepted Lily to play.

"Yup, I am. I got forced into it at a young age, but it's sorta, fun?" Lily added. "What about you?"

"I play baseball, but haven't in awhile. Been busy, it's been hard since my girlfriend moved. I mean ex-girlfriend now."

"Michael! I didn't know you got bitches!" Lily joked as she nudged her elbow into Mike's arm.

The two got to the entrance of the trailer park, a clear view of Lily's trailer. Mike looked around the musty, un-cared for "neighborhood" but he noticed Max's trailer. He knew it was hers, even if he never came over, since he invited her over for dinner every week. "Are you friends with Max Mayfield?" he asked.

"Nah, but she seems cool." Lily said.

As they entered the park, every step on the gravel path made a crunch noise that grind Mike's ears. "So, are you friends with Max?" asked Lily. She began to slowly take off the jacket Mike previously gave her as they began to arrived to Lily's home.

  "The way you asked, I guess I just assumed you had a crush on her or something."

Mike took offense quick, "Ew no! She's just a friend."

Handing Mike the jacket Lily added, "Sorry. Thanks for taking me home Mike."

A/N

shortest chapter ever i started school so i've been busy. this is super rushed and i'm so sorry

551 words