columba

"What

"What. The. Actual. Fuck?" Emrys is calm. Too calm. Especially for an overprotective brother who just found out his sister is dating a guy who he deems a 'fuckboy'.

It's unnerving, but I hold my ground. "Yep, we've been together for almost five months now."

He chokes on his final bite of macaroni and cheese. My sacrifices as a big sister ought to be a little more appreciated around here. I let this asshole finish his mac and cheese before unloading this shit on him. Why? Because it's fucking mac and cheese. No one should be disturbed while they're having a good bowl of mac and cheese. No one except assholes who deserve it, like my brother.

Oh but I felt sorry for him. Yeah, all that pity flew out the window, out the atmosphere, out the whole goddamn solar system the minute I saw flames flare up in his eyes.

"Five months!" he bellows, "How could you keep this a secret for five fucking months?"

I slam the door behind me. "God, could you be any fucking louder?"

Turns out, he can be. "Arabella, what the fuck were you thinking?" He yells out every word as if he were competing in a screaming match. The whole fucking block would know he won.

"I wasn't asking for your permission."

"Dean Fiore, Arabella! Of all the guys you could have dated, you set your eyes on Dean fucking Fiore!"

"As if you're such a saint," I scoff.

"I never claimed to be one! But I sure as hell wouldn't go for a girl that's clearly going through some shit and is obviously looking for a rebound!"

His assumption makes me choke on my own goddamn air. There's no absolute fucking way he still believes that bullshit. No way!

"This isn't even about Dean, Arabella!"

I can't help but explode. "Who is it about then, huh? Corbin? Because that's all you care to bring up. Corbin this, Corbin that! I don't give a flying fuck about fucking Corbin!"

Attempting to brush me off, Emrys grabs his bowl and pushes past me to get to the door. "Obviously not now because you've found some other asshole to screw," he grunts as he begins to walk down the hallway.

Like hell I'm going to let him drop it there. "Hey! Emrys, don't you dare walk away from me!" I yank his arm and practically drag him back into his room where this all started. "You do not get to make me feel bad about this when the list of girls you've fucked looks like a damn football roster."

"Okay, so I fuck around!" He jabs a finger at me, "You date assholes and then wonder why they treat you like shit!"

"Well Dean isn't like that!"

"Like hell he isn't. You know how many girls I've seen him with this past year?" I look away uncomfortably. "I might fuck around a lot, but at least I don't make a girl fall in love with me before I toss her to the side. You know about Amalia don't you?"