3 - A Powerful Nightmare

As the sun rose on another day, The Hilling household was seemingly already alive. Inside the pink-painted kitchen sat Sky and Lola. They posed around a rectangular glass table which had a wire-framed fruit basket in the middle. The two siblings were discussing the recent events of last night before in strolled Ben.

Ben moved his shaggy hair out of his face, noticing the two. He walked over towards them, catching their attention, and causing them to quickly stop talking. Ben seemed confused, pulling up a seat beside Lola and sitting down with a smile.

"So what are you keeping so secretive?" he asked, hating not being in on whatever it was.

Lola and Sky glared at each other before quickly looking back towards their brother.

"Doctor Who..." Lola spoke first.

"They announced the new doctor!" Sky quickly added on.

Ben squinted his eyes, giving both of them an intimidating stare.

"So, who is it?" he finally spoke.

Lola cleared her throat before speaking, struggling to pronounce his name.

"N...Ncu... ti Gat... twa!"

Ben nodded slightly before jumping up onto his feet. He shrugged and smiled.

"No idea who that is..."

Turning to the fridge, he opened it with a strong force and peeked inside. Scanning across the items, he grabbed a soda ahead of closing it. Taking one last look at his siblings, he left the room. Reaching his bedroom, he shut his door before looking towards his bed. Putting one foot in front of the other, orange electricity began to surround his body like armour. With an intense speed, he shot across the room, falling onto the bed that was just about twenty steps away a few seconds ago. The soda he was holding got forced out of his hand and onto the floor, denting the side of the can. The electricity subsided, leaving a shocked Ben looking around in confusion.

"What the..." he gasped.

Back downstairs, Lola and Sky were still sitting together. Due to their recent mention of Doctor Who, it seemed their conversation took a turn to that. Both were now arguing over their favourite doctor. Sky has a deep connection with the Ninth Doctor whereas Lola is completely obsessed with the Tenth, even if his regeneration scene sends her into a frantic state. The conversation finally ended with the two agreeing on how underrated the Thirteenth Doctor is.

"Just that goddamn Chris Chibnall!" they both muttered.

"Let's go down to the council..." Lola suddenly suggested. "... They must have some files confirming if we were in care..."

Sky nodded his head, agreeing with her idea. Within a heartbeat, the brother and sister duo quickly grabbed their jackets and bags. They headed out of their home, turning left and walking towards their closest council building.

Strolling down the busy streets of London, the two siblings stuck close to each other. Chatting about various topics to keep themselves occupied, they passed a brightly coloured café which seemed a bit nice for this part of the city. Taking just a few additional steps along the street, they suddenly heard a scream coming from down the road. It was a blood-curdling scream, that could make you whimper by just hearing it. Sky and Lola quickly stopped in place, glancing at one another before looking back down the street.

A couple yards away from them, several civilians could be seen heading straight for the two. Shouting in fear and running for their lives, Sky found it hard to see what they were escaping from. But soon the truth came to view. What seemed a dyed, dark red-haired man... No, a beast... No, a mix of the two! It was shaped like a human, with what seemed a red and black suit on, but on its face was a large metal configuration strapped on. It was right over the mouth and seemed to act like one, with incredibly sharp fangs rowed on the inside. The contraption would move as the creature shrieked, leaping at a civilian. Using its demonic hand claws, the creature gripped tightly onto the innocent man's arms. The civilian fell to the floor as the thing clung on, and when he was down the creature used the metal contraption as its mouth, ripping chunks of meat from the man. Blood would squirt in a gruesome fashion, meanwhile, the monster continued as if it was feasting.