𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

[POV: Faith]

[POV: Faith]

Many people have said, that when someone is dying: their heartbeat and blood circulation slow down. The brain and organs receive less oxygen than they need and so...work less. People often begin to lose control of their breathing.

It's supposed to feel very calm throughout the hours of your death. But what if this person didn't wanted to die? What if their death ends up being terrifying?

Feeling that sudden calmness approaching your way, it wouldn't "feel" so well.

Unknown Voice: "Faith?! Wake up! Faith! Stay with me, Faith!"

It's scary how death is always near anyone and how fast and slow it can happen.

Unknown Voice: "Wake up!"

Waking up after almost dying, was more terrifying than feeling like I was about to die to be honest. Having to gasp for air and feeling the sudden sharp pain around my body...consumed me. Further more, I was surrounded by different people, possible strangers except for one.

Faith: "Mom?" -I choked with a hoarse voice.

A faint smile crossed my mom's face but faded quickly as the doctor placed the oxygen tubes.

Doctor: "Alright. Your daughter is stable but must rest for the time being. We'll keep her under observation, just in case her condition changes."

Mrs. Evans: "Will her wounds get better?" -she asked with a worried tone.

Doctor: "Of course. Pretty soon actually. They weren't that severe so you have nothing to worry about. However, a nurse will come and clean them every once in a while." -he calmly explained.

Doctor: "For now, just do me a favor kiddo and try not to force your body too much. Rest your brain and muscles but drink water often, okay?" -he smiled softly and I nodded slowly with a slight grin.

The doctor gave one last look to my, Mom. She replied with a 'thank you' before he could leave. The man, simply bowed his head and eventually left us alone. Later on, Mom, reached over to me. Gently grabbing my hand, she placed a kiss on my skin.

Faith: "What happened?" -I asked while slowly sitting down, analyzing the small hospital room.

Mrs. Evans: "Honey, you suffered a small accident on the party. The doctor said that maybe you wouldn't remember for awhile, due to the constant impacts you might've received." -she looked down with a heavy look.

Mrs. Evans: "Apparently, everyone present got startled by a stranger, dressed as what supposedly the killer looked like."

Faith: "What?" -I mumbled, opening my eyes widely over how shocking the news were to me.

Mrs. Evans: "And well...they basically ran you over and you were stepped on constantly." -I stared at Mom, for a while and suddenly remembered Daryl's picture.