𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐫

(POV: Faith)

(POV: Faith)

Dixie and I, spend a couple of minutes talking about our lives. Basically how were we coping with them, I helped her accommodate her stuff inside my room with the help of, Nora. She helped us a lot on making everything feel comfortable for, Dix.

We were all trying to clear our minds off, put the stress and sadness aside for at least a couple of minutes. We cleaned my room and listened to some music until Claire, opened the door.

Claire: "Hey, sorry to interrupt! I was wondering if you girls wanted to go to the fair?"

We all looked at each other with frowned eyebrows, probably wondering if one of us were going actually.

Claire: "I was able to get a job as a volunteer and I can invite a couple of people over, want to go with me?" -the woman had big smile on her face, she seemed very excited about this.

Throughout the first days of staying at this house, I heard Claire, wasn't able to work much due to my father's job. I guess it's because of his popularity, many people want pictures or answers of my dad's newest projects.

Claire: "Please? I'm just kinda scared to go alone...you know?"

Her pleading stare was the only thing I could notice on her face at the moment, she really was desperate for a yes.

Dixie and Nora, stared at each other, soon after agreeing with, Claire. The woman jumped filled with happiness plastered on her face, this making us laugh.

Nora: "Is this your very first job, Mrs. Lee?" -the curly one said in between laughter making Claire, roll her eyes as she smiled.

Claire: "Yes, but it's okay! I gotta go get ready, Oh! Faith, you too." -she pointed at me as she left my room.

I quickly headed over to my vanity in search for my clothes. Only picking a black long sleeve shirt, black jeans and a pair of old boots I used to wear a lot for school.

Dixie: "Are you seriously only going to wear...that?"

I looked back at my friend who peeked over my shoulder at the clothing I had picked.

Faith: "I'm not going to the fair."

Dixie: "What? What are you doing instead?" -she asked quickly, grabbing my shoulders all of a sudden.

Faith: "I need to go visit Sheriff Rhodes, I can't go to a fair."

I finished while crossing my arms, staring at the two girls who began to look sad over my response.

Faith: "Girls, I lost my mother literally yesterday. I still need to plan out a lot of stuff for her funeral."

I sighed, pushing my hair back desperately over how hot it suddenly got on my room.