𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

[POV: Delihah]

      [POV: Delihah]

Mrs. Reed: "I'm being serious, Delihah. Stay away from them. Or else I would have to send you back."

I've tried my best to forget about that place. The stupid place that ruined half of my life due to my sensitivity...I was so stupidly weak. Recalling everything I went through, was not healthy at all. However, I couldn't even avoid my nightmares.

     Flashback

Mrs. Reed: "Honey? Why haven't you dressed yet? I told you we needed to live in...five minutes!"

Delihah: "Mom, I still don't really understand why do I need to go to this stupid school? Besides, I don't need that...preppy thingy. Or those boring classes of "manners".

Delihah: "Society needs manners. Mom, I have good friends here. They are fun and caring. I'm okay....are you even listening? -I stared at her.

She was simply brushing her hair. And before turning around, this one rolled her eyes.

I knew she didn't liked what I said.

Mrs. Reed: "Lilah, I went to that school years ago when I was your age. Trust me, it could be as fun as you claim it is here! You'll make lot's of new friends and learn fancy material. I know you will like it."

Delihah: "Mom. I don't think you're getting my point. I don't need new friends or any other bullshit. I'm already happy here and I'm planning to stay." -I glared at her.

But to my surprise, she chuckled.

Delihah: "What?"

Mrs. Reed: "You think that Mrs. Wilson's daughter is your friend? Honey, that girl is a waste and doesn't bring any good to you. She's a bad influence."

Delihah: "Excuse you?!"

Mom, paced around my room ignoring me completely. Adjusting some books that were tilted on the big shelf, while I continued to glare at her.

Delihah: "Hello?! Are you se-"

Mrs. Reed: "Get dressed I said." -she spat before walking out of my room and slamming the door shut.

Grabbing the nearest pillow next to me, I harshly threw it to my door.

I vaguely stood up from the bed to only reach my closet. A floral dress was awaiting to be picked up. Furthermore, after finishing my makeup, I headed out of my room.

Just as I walked downstairs, I noticed my brother at the living room. He seemed to be whispering a tantrum to, Mom.

What is going on now?

He looked pissed, which worries me but I knew it wasn't any of my business. I shouldn't disturb them either way, I was already on edge as well. Besides, they quickly stopped arguing as they acknowledged my presence in the room.