Ken||Reminiscing in The Merry-Go-Round||

||KenXReader||

Italics - Flashbacks

Edited on 04/24/16

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

"Sorry Ken....I just feel like your neglecting me....That why I'm moving to Amsterdam...."

That sentence stabbed him through the heart. His best friend was leaving him. The trauma of his past haunted him. His breath hitched and his head was spinning, when she said that. The (h/c)-haired girl walked away. Her steps echoed as she walked.

Ken (or Kagero what ever floats your boat)shot up from his bed. His face was decorated with beads of sweat. His dark grey locks clinging to his head. His breathing was faster, and so as the beating of his heart. He straitened himself and ran out his house.

'She's waiting for me...I know it'

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

It's been weeks since, she moved out of the Southern Crestland. He always thought that she moved on the Northern or West part of the land, but he didn't know she was at the capital of Netherlands. He waited for her to call his name for a tournament , hang out at different place on the Crestland, and especially...watching the stars with her. That was their favorite thing to do. Sometimes, she would come late, and he too. Their usual place to go was on a tranquil.....street. Yes, a street.

They both named it Hoshigamachi street, or 'Star city' street. Every night they would go out and watch the sky. And sometimes, stay at the nearest house, which was her's.

But then one day, Ken wasn't there. She was surprised when he came late, and called the routine off. Then, days became weeks, then she was fed up. She started to purposely come late so they could call it off. And to her surprise, Ken nodded and started walking home.

She would cry herself to sleep, when she tries to forget him. Her mother noticed her distress and tried to calm her by trying to moving on. She found ways to move on, but she had to risk it all and leave the past behind.

Ken finally realized that she was absent for days, weeks, heck even MONTHS. It was starting to pinch him in the face, so he checked out her house.

His heart stopped, when he noticed there was a 'FOR SALE' sign on their lawn. He eyed the house. It was empty...

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

Ken ran and reached a familiar place. It was the bench they would sit and wait for each other. He took a breather and sat on the bench. He touched the armrest of the bench, as another memory flooded in his mind.

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

"Ken! One more picture" she insisted , as the boy looked away. "Stop it! You've taken a lot. And most are my faces" he yelled at her, slightly irritated. She giggled it off and took another shot of his red face. "You know what, you haven't taken a single shot of yourself" he cooed, a mischievous hint in his eyes. "Eh, not necessary" she shot back. Ken pounced on her and took the camera and chasing her for her own picture to be taken, by the boy she loved...