Protector Me?

SEASON 1, EPISODE 1

KOMO SAT AND LISTENED to the the old mandrill ramble on and on about how the Roar of the Elders was such an incredible gift, until he was distracted by a grasshopper flying out of the tall grass in front of him.

It looked like Bunga caught on too since he stopped paying attention to whatever Rafiki had to say.

A mischievous smirk grew on his face as the young lion pounced after it. He and Bunga looked at each other competitively already coming up with a game to play to pass the time.

What? just because he was mature didn't mean he couldn't have fun.

Kion watched on in amusement wanting to play as well. One glance at his dad and Rafiki to see them both glaring at each other and arguing as per usual both not paying attention to the mischief duo.

"What are you doing, Koman?" Kion asked staring down at his disheveled friend who was staring down at the grasshopper in pure concentration.

"Pouncing." He replied visibly frustrated, he could hear Bunga in the background laughing which only fueled his drive more to catch the fast creature.

"Well as you both know I am the best pouncer known in all of the Pride Lands." Kion boasted looking between both his friends.

"Oh really?" Bunga asked not believing him one bit

"Yes really, in fact i'll pounce on that grasshopper right now." Kion said looking cocky which caused Koman to look at him in disbelief.

The two boys who weren't pouncing shared a knowing look

While both Koman and Bunga knew that their friend was going to fail miserably they still wanted to see how it would play out, so they went downwind and waited for the magic to happen.

Kion was slowly heading towards the grasshopper thinking its back was turned growling softly.

Amateur move really

Koman caught on to so many mistakes that Kion was making, his main one was his tail flickering back and forth while sticking out of the grass causing the grasshopper to see him from a mile away.

When Kion finally pounced the grasshopper jumped out of the way at the last second, which caused Kion to jump further and land in an empty watering hole.

Koman laughed so hard that he fell on his back he and Bunga both a giggling mess while Kion was coughing up water from his trip looking disappointed and embarrassed.

As both the honey badger and brown lion kept laughing the red mane lion finally walked out of the water mumbling under his breath how the sun was in his eyes.

"Kion that sure was the best pounce i've ever seen." Koman looked at his honey badger friend, "Wouldn't you agree Bunga."

"Oh yeah totally." Bunga said barely managing to get out still a laughing mess.

Kion rolled his eyes but had a smile on his face looking at both his best friends.

Maybe he did get a little to cocky.

"Yeah yeah laugh it up." Kion said looking at both his friends who were shaken in laughter, that struck an idea in his head, if he was going to have to be wet

So were they

Jumping back into the water to get even wetter then he already was the red mane cub looked up to see both his friends still pointing and laughing not paying attention to what their friend was about to do.