New Guard

SEASON 1, EPISODE 2

KION, BUNGA, AND KOMAN continued their search for the last remaining members strongest, fastest, and keenest of sight.

They were just about to give up hope until Komo looked up and spotted a small egret flying overhead. Ono, otherwise known as the keenest of sight.

Ono is a rather small and delicate bird, egret if were being specific, He has a thin frame and skinny legs. His feathers are white, though colored tangerine orange on the tips of his wings, a strip around his neck. His legs are stripes with the color orange and black.

Komo nudged Kion's shoulder with his own and tilted his head towards the sky, where the boys were currently watching the bird about to dive down on top of his prey.

"Smart." Kion complimented

"Thanks I try. Now for the hard part, trying to get his attention " While Komo was working out a plan in his head Bunga decided to try a different approach.

When Ono started to dive down trying to catch his target, Bunga popped out of the grass, spooking the egret.

"Hey, Ono!" the honey badger greeted.

The sudden appearance of Bunga scared Ono, causing him to almost crash land. He would have come in hot if it weren't for a certain brown haired lion catching him in the nick of time.

Jumping off of the lion he was currently standing on, Ono looked up to see the faces of two lion cubs looking down at him.

"Oh. Hi, Kion. Komo." he greeted, "Good to see you two."

"You too Ono."

Kion smiled, "You see just about everything, Ono." he pointed out.

"That's why we wanna talk." Komo added.

The four made their way to a large watering hole where a pod of hippos resided looking for a particular purple hippo. Their attention grew when they heard yelling from three young hippos playing in the water, chanting the name of another member of their pod.

"Beshte! Beshte! Beshte!" They chanted excitedly.

The hippo in question, slightly larger and older, stood on the rocky shore near a boulder that was blocking a small waterfall.

Beshte had gray skin, with a pale gray underbelly, dark gray toes, and several dark gray spots on his backside. His inner ears were pale pink, while he had a small patch of dark gray purplish hair on his head.

"Hey, everybody! Who wants a water slide?" he asked wiggling his ears, earning screams of delight from the younger hippos.

"Poa." he grinned, preparing to move the boulder. "One water slide, coming up! Twende kiboko!" He then pushed the big rock away, causing water to splash everywhere including on Kion, Koman, Bunga, and Ono.

"Strongest?" Bunga questioned, glancing over at Kion.

Said prince spit water out of his mouth, "Strongest." he agreed.

"Also wettest." grumbled Ono, who flapped his wings to dry off only to end up splashing Koman.

"Splashed by water not once, not twice, but three times in one day!" Koman exclaimed angrily, "Did I mention how much I hate water?" he added shaking the water off, making everyone chuckle.

After drying off, the group continued to search for the final member, the fastest in the Pride Lands.

Bunga was the first to catch sight of her and chased after her, not yet being able to concept that there was a reason that she was called the fastest.