Chapter 6

'Thank you. . . For this. It means a lot to me.' I signed, closing my eyes and putting my head on his chest.
"Of course. I know how it feels as it is." Leo said, and a few minutes later, I fell asleep, with his arms on my back.

Flashback

~"No! No!" I yelled, kicking and thrashing trying to get out of smelly Gabe's (hehe) reach.
"Stop moving or it will be worse you little punk!" He yelled, punching me, and hitting me, and being about as abusive as he could be.~

I woke up with a start, bolting upright, and quickly getting out of the bed, changing my clothes. I brushed off the uneasy feeling I was getting from my flashback/dream. I didn't want it to worry anyone.
When I went downstairs, I went straight to the kitchen, and I knew that today would be different than yesterday. I took a piece of toast from the toaster. Then I ran off to find Piper.
'Pipes! I did it! I really did!' I signed excitingly when I found her.
"One, Pipes? Is that my new nickname? And two, what did you do?"
'One, yes it is. Two, I ate a piece of toast without anyone telling me to.' I signed, a proud look on my face.
"Oh Perce! I'm so proud of you!" She said, wrapping her arms around my neck, hugging me.
I hugged her back, then went and sat next to Jason on the couch.
My relationship with them was really weird. Good weird, but definitely weird. I trusted them from the very first time I met them, and I don't know why, or how.
"T-tha-ank y-you." I stuttered nervously, wanting them to hear my voice, but being scared of letting them hear it.
"Perce! Your voice, it's so, pretty. I love it, Perce." Jason said, and I put my head on his shoulder.
Then everyone realized that it was me that said it, and everyone was confused and proud and everyone was saying how proud of me they were. I didn't know how to respond or react, so I didn't say or do anything at all.