6.9.15

"Hello, Earth to Lydia?" Allison waved a hand in front of Lydia's face, trying to get her attention.

Lydia was staring off into space as usual, thinking about the way that Scott's eyes had been glowing, wondering whether or not she should ask him about it.

Lydia turned to look at Allison, "Hm?"

"You still with us?" Allison asked, tilted her head and smiling a little.

"Qui." Lydia said, nodding her head before turning back to her French text book. So many words and zero brain cells that seemed to be working.

"Same." Allison mumbled.

"What?" Lydia furrowed her perfectly shaped eyebrows.

"You just said there were so many words and zero brain cells that seemed to be working." Allison shrugged, her hair bouncing on her shoulders.

"No, I didn't." Lydia said, looking at the girl weirdly.

Allison whipped her head up and looked into Lydia's eyes, "What do you mean?"

Lydia frowned. Something was up. Allison was acting confused, but something about it wasn't confusion. It was like this had happened before. "What do you mean, what do I mean? I mean I didn't say it out loud."

"You must have." Allison shook her head, pulling a little smile to convince Lydia, but it wasn't doing much.

"Do you recognise this word?" Allison pointed to something on the page.

Lydia looked over, "Yeah. It means secret." She raised an eyebrow at Allison, who ignored her look of question. "Ally, please tell me."

"Alright, I'm only telling you this because I trust you." Allison paused. "I can read people's thoughts."

Lydia looked taken aback, "Are you serious?"

Allison nodded, "Think something."

She hated that. When people asked her to think something. It's almost like every single thought she'd ever had had just disappeared into thin air. The one time she needed an actual example.

"Okay, name a fruit." Allison offered, clearly seeing the way Lydia was struggling with the simple question.

Lydia did as she was told, picking a fruit that she hoped wasn't common, considering it was named in a different language.

Allison furrowed her eyebrows, "What is a granadilla? And why did you have to pick the most unlikely fruit?"

Lydia felt her jaw go slack, "Granadilla is the Spanish word for passion fruit." She reconsidered her statement, "Well, technically it's a fruit that comes from the passiflora genus, which is where passion fruit comes from." She stopped herself once she realised she was rambling, focusing her attention onto her friend. "How are you able to do this? I feel like there's someone prying around in my head."

Allison shrugged, "It's pretty cool, but I have no idea how it happened. It just started when I moved to Beacon Hills."

"Maybe you're a psychic?" Lydia threw out an empty suggestion, just to keep up the conversation.

Allison frowned at Lydia, "I may be able to read your thoughts but that doesn't mean I've lost the ability to read your body language; why suggest that if you know that it can't be true?"